Mk2 Cavalier 3.0ltr

An area of the forum dedicated to the other marques and models sat on your driveway (please post only one thread per car)
mikegray

Mk2 Cavalier 3.0ltr

Post by mikegray »

Hello everybody. I have had a request from humbucker to put this thread up even though its a mk2 so here we go. The begining of thread is a couple of years old but I put in all in for you all, so you can see it all change.

I haven't been able to do much to him lately, due to family problems, but know its all sorted im back on the scene...

fitted front leather seats, doing the back present :'(

power steering going on soon

some better looking wheels but i need to change trye size as they are to big.

just a few before and after pictures off what i have done in the past week or so......

before:-

After:-

next thing is tidy up some wiring and change the heater matrix, (pain)

the whole car was covered in dust so just polished it and cleaned the wheels no looks realy nice.

Hello again havent been able to do much to the cav lately, i have been busy in the garage thought. It was just a garage before, now i have put in a work bench at the back, cabinets on the walls, storage at the top.

Im now putting in electricity. Now i have somwhere to work and store things, i have now begun *taking it apart"

Ok ill start at the back of the car.

This hasnt been touched as of yet, except the disc brakes are on just got to sort out the handbrake cables.

As for the front thats where most of the work has been. I have had the dash out to sort out some wiring and to fit a new heater matrix. Then put it all back but, it doesnt seem to line up very well. So i know am going to try a mk3 cav dash. Be a long job but be worth it in the end.

I havent got a picture with it all back in yet will get one sorted, miles out of alignment!!

Now i have started to take the front end apart. The headlights, bumper, fog lights, skirts all of ready to fit calibre bumper.

The bumper is going to be trickey as it is such a tight fit. By the head lights on the corner it needs to be taken back abit as it cracks the bumper on the corner cause of the tight fit. I need a new upper pannel as it looks tatty and its bent. The lower part isnt as bad but i will probably get a complete one for £105+vat i think they said. It needs a plate welded behind the lights the other side has already been done.

Also trying to fit mk3 cav rear seats, but they are not wide enough. So i might have to leather a mk2 cav rear seat but then they will look odd compared to the front >:(

I think thats uptodate with the work side of things.

Im also going up to gloucester to by a mk3 cav saloon V6. Im also looking out for a cav gsi 4x4 16v aswell. Im driving at the mo a mk3 cav hatch 2.0ltr 8v gls, light blue/silver. That will be sold when my V6 is on the road.

Last off all, a few things i have purchased for the cav,

new main beam driving lights
new chrome rocker cover
air flow meter to sfi box red pipe
lecky sunroof
calirba turbo front brakes
new clear front indicators
petrol flap

done some more of the cav lately. I took out all the inside, seats, carpet, dash, heater unit. to see wut condition the floor pan and the bulkhead.

these pics are of that dreadful wiring when the dash has gone.

when i lifted up the sound deadning this is what i saw

i was better than i expected but i was still concerned. :-\

i spent some time cleaning it to see what i was dealing with. What i didnt expect was they were plates that had been welded before but just looked really bad.

the plate near the edge of the passenger floorpan needs abit of welding if you look close you can see some pin prick holes in the plate. what i need to do is take the deadning away from the engine bay side of the bulkhead. but i cant do that untill the engine is out. I cant do that until i sort out my cooling fan, im going to re-wire it tomorrow then see what happens. im running out of room with all thses parts lol >:( ::)

i took off both front wings to see what they were like underneath. The drivers side was ok so i undersealed it and put the wing back on. On the passenger side there were to holes underneath the windscreen washer resivour

now i have lots off welding to do :o its going to give me practice thats for sure. hopefully i'll get it looking nice.

this has still been going on, just been getting some parts ready for the refit. Been painting the inside at the mo. Organising to get it all welded up soon. i just bought my 3.0ltr v6 yesterday so i will start to stip that down aswell. i will sort out some pics in the week.

the rear footwells have been welded up and painted
welded up passenger side rear wheel arch, fillered it smooth and started to paint it
one patch left to weld on the passenger front wheel arch then that can be fillered smooth and painted
the xe is disconnected and ready to be unbolted to be taken out.
i have started in the boot floor only one patch in there left
fuel tank, fuel filler neck and all metal lines are removed

the underseal is nearly removed from underneath

in the next couple of weeks i will...

finish inside the boot
inside the passenger front wheel arch and filler and paint it
the engine will either be unbolted this weekend or next weekend
then weld up front footwells
check out engine bay and carry out any repairs
then start to mount in the 3.0ltr and gearbox

here are a few pics

heres a few pic's of the engine when i went to take it out.

i brought it of someone from someone on vauxhall owners network. Went up to see it make sure it ran ok etc, then took it out and home with me ;D

i have a few more that were taken of it in the trailer and on the work bench, i'll put htem on later.

Just an update of work. Only just started to continue on the mk2 again after afew issues.

I have practically finished the welding in the floor inside and out. Just getting it painted before winter.

I have now got a vectra v6sri for some parts to convert the x30xe into FWD. Ill be doing that shortly.

Started to seam weld the engine bay ready.

I will put up some pictures mid week. Im hoping by christmas to have the floor painted up, the seam welding finished and the engine parts from the vectra ready to fit.

Some more progress Lots of stripping, welding and painting.

I decided to weld underneath aswell even though it was done inside. It was painted then with rust protector then black hammerite. I waxoiled the floor and chassis because I have just finsihed welding the rear chassis. Apologies for the pictures.

The offside rear chassis was no good so that got cut out and rebuilt it, to its original 2 skins thick. This was done over the space off a few weeks...

The rear chassis is done both sides all welded painted etc. waxoiled it , inside and out.

Im getting another mk3 to cut out the wheel well to weld in. Im also going to use the rear beam as mine isnt great. Brake pipes will be made, then I can bolt back in the rear beam when its painted and the fuel tank etc which I also have.

I have 5 stud Cav brakes to go on the back, it did have 4 stud discs. Vectra 308's on the front behind Cav T wheels.

I have stripped my gearbox to swap casings, I have to swap the diffs over then it can go back together. Reason being an F20 wont fit straight in and I have a spare F16 from a mk2 so I am just swapping internals

The engine bay hasn't had much done to it as I have been doing the rear end of the car and inside first. Its stripped ready apart from the servo/MC and steering rack.

This is the gearbox casing I will be using it is now stripped ready.

This is the F20 internals, the diff is still in the casing at the moment. Im hoping to swap them over tomorrow I have the gaskets and seals etc aswell. Im using the standard F20 for the time being, becuase I want to make sure im happy with the F20 ratios as I have never driven with one before. I also have an F28 if needs be.

I mangaged to get to the point where I have finshed waxoiling the main floor, inside the chassis rails and on the outside. Which just leaves me the spare wheel well and the surrounding boot floor which isnt alot, and the rear wheel arches. So im happy with that. Also I removed the dreaded towbar which did give me a few problems... and lots of scotch locks laterlmao

Also I found lots of wiring in the boot that wasnt connected looks like an old alarm of some sort.

I will be getting the mk3 to break for bits soon. Then I can weld the spare wheel well and paint up the suspension components and put it back together. I ordered some rolls of copper brake pipe on friday so I can make up the front to rear as there's a joiner at the base of the bulkhead where it joins the floor.

When that's done I can focus on the engine/bay. I have a 74k X30XE to go in, using vectra management for the time being. I have all the manifolds, the sump and the rest of the bits I need. I will have to wire in the immobiliser as the mk2 doesnt have the immobiliser like the newer vauxhalls, so I can make a loom up. I also now how to do that

There is a manual steering rack on there at the moment but, I have a genuine reconditioned MK2 cav powersteering rack to go on. I do have the pipes and the pump but I wont be able to use them as the V6 is different, but i have the V6 pump just need to sort out some pipes which will be easy enough.

I have most of the parts I need its a case of putting them back on.

As for the exterior the car will be jet black. Its being taken back to bare metal and resprayed. The bodyshop at work will be doing it for me. I have a new front pannel complete, a drivers side rear quater complete, passenger side wheel arch repair section to go on. I probably will by new front wings and bonnet too. As for bumpers I have a full Calibre Kit thats new and unpainted. I will be having my main beam spotlights mounted in the calibre grill, hopefully the end result will be awesome. Thats what im aiming for.

Lately I have been strpping out my newly aquired donor mk3. Its a hatch though.

I have taken off the rear axle it has/had ABS which will makes things slighly easier. I also removed the fuel tank, and the sound deadning from the footwells/bulkhead. I cut the spare wheel well out aswell, I was going to cut of the chassis legs to keep but they werent very clever tbh.

I have trial fitted the fuel tank in the car and it fits lovely with a bit off adjustment to the tank straps. So thats good news, I have wil be ordering a new one tuesday as I was going to use the one I took out but the seam doesnt look great.

I have just started to clean up the rear axle ready for painting. I have swapped the diff over into the mk2 casing and have almost finished reassembling it. The majority of the time this weekend was taken up by the spare wheel well which upset me abit tbh. Just there were slight deferences in a mk3 hatch compared to a mk2 saloon.

Its done now though, just needs abit of grinding back ready to be filled. I was going to filler it smooth etc but im not very good at it so my colleage in the bodyshop will do it.

Tomorrow im hoping to finish cleaning the rear axle and get it painted, finish reassembling the gearbox and get that painted. Put some underseal on the new wheel well and the surrounding boot floor. After that im debating as to go to work and make the brake lines or start to swap the bits over for the engine.

I have put some seam sealer and underseal on the spare wheel well, im going to see how it is when its dry because I might give it another coat. I put the gearbox back together, and started to paint it. I cleaned up the rear beam. ARB and fixings, road springs, shock absorbers, fuel tank straps and painted them too.

I also had to have a bit of a tidy up as it was a mess. The sound deadning that I have has dried out now so, I can put the rear section back in but i'll leave the front until the engine bay is welded up. I didn't do the brake pipes today as im going to do the fuel tank first. So im pretty much ready to the put the suspension and brakes back on Hopefully my new petrol tank will arrive tomorrrow, it should do they had it in stock. Ill paint that fit it, then put the suspension etc back up that is the plan.

The new fuel tank is in ready I just need to finish painting the underneath now its fitted. The rear axle is on and all the brakes, ARB etc is on except for one shock Absorber which I need to get another special nut for.

I have also been playing with the engine. I have taken off most of the RWD setup apart from one manifold,the ring gear for the starter a bracket and dipstick tube. I have fitted the rear FWD manifold, swapped the sump and oil pick up pipe. Im going to take it to work to degrease it after I have put on the other manifold, because I made a mess and thats un understatement!!!

At the moment Im taking off that maifold but theres one stud thats being a pain but after that I will remove the dipstick tube, the bracket for the coil and the ring gear. Then it can be cleaned I have been cleaning up the inlet manifolds ready to put on too. So its begining to take shape.

The rear suspension is complete and not being held up by any jacks. The sound deadning is back in except for the drivers side so I can access the servo/rack easier. The rear seats and carpets are in, the bulkhead has been welded only a couple of spots to do after the engine has been mounted. I have sprayed the bulkhead white just to cover what has been done. I have started to refit components back the bay as a trail fit to make sure things go in as they should before the bay gets filled and sprayed.

As for the motor, thats been abit of a pain The bolts that hold on the flex plate a extremely tight and easily rounding the heads of the bolts of so, im in the process of welding bigger nuts onto them and then removing them. Three have been done so far until tonight when the welder broke: Trying to get these bolts of has been time consuming and frustrating but getting there slowly.

The front suspension legs have been cleaned almost ready for painting, the 5 stud flanges have been fitted with new bearings. Also inside of the suspension turrets have been cleaned, seam sealered, and undersealing has been applied but not finsihed yet.

Im hoping to get the welder fixed tomorrow just needs a new torch.

Just spent some time building up the engine and giving some bits a clean. I managed after alot of buggering around to get the flex plate off. I couldn't beleave it was just the tightning torque making the heads twist of, if it were normal bolts they would have come out easy. One came out the others didn't. I had to remove one broken exhaust manifold stud too, apart from that it was ok.

Well the engine and bos are together and in the engine bay. Now comes the chopping and adjusting. At the moment it isn't too bad just needs to be in the exact position before I make the mount, as its tilting and not quite central.

The front inlet manifold section is quite tight to the front pannel so im going to make it a removable front pannel. The one thats on there at the moment is bent and rusted so its being replaced so im not too worried. Im going to cut out the middle out of the way, but do it so I can do the overlap when the new pannel is fitted. I should be able to use a mk2 radiator and a slim line fan, but it would be tight. So im doing some research at the moment and thinking of getting a alloy rad custom made The only problem at the moment...lmao... is there's not alot of room for an airbox Apart from that things seem well, but i'll find out when I bolt more things in im sure.

Next job, remove a section from the front panel, postion engine and make the mounts, then sort out coolant tanks/pipes, fuel lines, wiring etc

Right, well not a great deal had been done up until now. I was just looking at things and getting an idea of where Im going to be mounting things.

Some of yesterday and today have been doing my engine mounting. I have it in place I now just need to add another copule of bits of metal to the top piece of the mount to weld it to the side of the chassis to stop the mount twisting down. Which I will be doing after I have removed the old engine mounting bracket tomorrow. Then its a case of welding the plate to the bottom of the chassis completely, as its only tacked all the way incase I wasn't happy with it. Then just tidying it up cutting of excess etc.

I have also sourced some Fuel lines, a set of Downpipes, some Cav Turbo wheels and a pair of equal length driveshafts I have the downpipes and fuel lines im waiting for the wheels and shafts to be delivered.

The current state at the moment is the engine has been lowered down so I can finish the mount and remove the other bracket. Then ill put it back up and bolt it in place. After its a case of plumbing it in. The Vectra fuel pipes are bent a different way compared to where the lines for the cav go so I will rebend them to make it look tidy.

Next shift..

The bit that held me up was, when I was installing the new dipstick tube when removing the oil pick up pipe, It stripped the threads out of the block. So I drilled out the remainder of the threads, and installed two helicoils so now its a peach I do have some pics but there not that good.

Also the front to rear brake lines have been made and fitted to the car, along with the fuel lines. The fuel lines are now conected to the engine. I have a couple of fixings still to go on the bulkhead and next to the subframe. The brake lines need straightning up, but I'll do that on a ramp at work.

I have been looking at places to mount the Charcoal canister and PAS resivour. Im trying something out on the PAS system at the moment so its not permanant. 8v pump on V6 bracket a Mix of mk2/mk3 cav lines and resivour. Im still attaching this and may require a slightly smaller belt as the pulley is smaller.

Most of the coolant hoses are on im waiting on a top hose and another hose. Im still looking at the rad and cooling fan as there's not much room so im going to try the slimline from my Mk3 to see if that will fit. I have a new expansion bottle for the coolant under £20 from Vaux

It is coming together slowly but surely. Next on the list is finish off the PAS system, look at the Rad and Fan, Im going to make a stay bar for the rear of the engine like the Vec/Cav which im going to make. Then some wiring to do.

Right a little bit of un update. I have managed to sort of sort out possible PAS setup. I just need to fluid it up and make sure its working. A problem that I think my bite me in the bottom is, Im not entirely sure the pump will be pumping enough when the engine is idling due to the V6 idiling lower than the 8/16v. Also have to use the diagnostic to veiw the pressure sensor in the PAS system.

Im currently wiring up an immobiliser so I can start the engine. I'll be going to be using Emerald aftermarket management when I put boost on the engine so ill just use standard for now just so I know I have a working running engine againlmao Because of the age of the car it doesnt have the transponder under the steering coulings so thatts the loom im making. Which is almost finished. Im also wiring up a diagnostic plug im just deciding where to put it out the way/acessable

My only really problem is sorting the Rad and Fan out as theres not alot of room but, I'll come up with something.

I haven't done as much as i'd hoped but, i am getting there with the wiring. It has turned into a bit of a nightmare. I have removed so much excess wire and nearly 30 scotch locks!!! The coolant fan wiring had been bogged and the fuse had melted in the fuse box its selt. The fuel pump wiring had been bypassed with bits of the orignal system there. Theres a plug for the instument cluster that wasn't much good. Then in general the wiring isn't to bad just needs re heat-shrinking to make it look better.

I have almost finished the wiring for the immboiliser. I have just got to connect the earth wires to the body. I have started to connect a plug in the engine bay to all of the warning lights on the dash, rev counter gauges etc. I have an omega loom im stripping down so i can keep the wires the same colour. I have removed some wire to wire up the the fuel pump to the correct relays. The connector block after alot of messing around has most if not all the wires labbled as to what there function is so im just making sure i have got the right wires on the mk2 loom then its just a case of connecting them. Its been a bit of a pain but im getting there,

Still no luck with the radiator and fan problem. Im putting in the driveshafts, suspension legs and subframe and connecting the steering ready for its first try. I have clipped all the fuel lines to the body except one cause im one shortlmao Then i will put a couple on the bulkhead when i can reach lmao What im also going to be doing soon is making a rear stabiliser mount for it on that offside.

I have got some braided brake lines being made up for me so when they are done i just have to connect the handbrake up then the rear will be done, via the fuel filler neck.

Here's the mk3 8v pump inplace of the vectra one. It fits the same just the pulley is slightly smaller but the belt still fits fine and the tensioner is not right back so its nicely tensioned. I might as well try it Just a pic of the PAS bottle to. I made a bracket for it so it can be removed if need be, if i need to do any work and its in the way. The bracket is a pre fab attempt not a finished product!!

I have mainly been doing the wiring to get the engine running. Which im pleased to say is nearly done as its driving me crazy! It doesn't look as messy as it does in the pic but obviously its got to be tidyed out the way etc.

Theres just a couple of wires to connect then the engine will be wired up, and theres a Diagnostic connector intergrated in too along with, all being well the dash and gauges should be working too.

Aswell as that i have been removing old wiring that isn't needed and repairing old and damaged wiring. It looks like its had alot of things bodged up i have taken off over 30 scotch locks

I have started to put the front suspension back up so i can test drive it down the drive

I have my nice Goodridge braided brake lines to go on too with a new pair off metal brake lines.

The next things on the to do list are:

Finish the wiring, Weld up the engine mount, repostion a rear engine stay bar, put the fluids in the engine, connect the handbrake, brake pipes on the back. Then start to paint the rest of the suspension.

Thank you all for your time hopefully you'll be happy after you have read it all you'll think that was worth it :D

Well the progress of late goes as follows...

I still need to do the rear handbrake! I cant find the originals from the car to modify the bracket. I have fitted the hard brake lines on the back. i just have to fit the flexable lines. So now the back off the car is on the floor!!! Looks good on the Cavalier Turbo wheels. I have fitted the fuel filler neck temporary, so i can pour fuel in witch I have also done.

I finished cleaning and painting the front suspension legs driveshafts, subframe and the anti roll bar. Also these conponents are refitted back to the car! I had a slight problem with the offside shaft as I wanted to use a vectra shaft but it is slightly too long. So I split the shaft and fitted the outer end of a Cavalier Turbo shaft onto it instead. This means the shaft is now the same lenght as it should be and I can use the original V6 driveshaft bearing and housing.

I have also sorted out the raditor and fan probelm. With some swapping notes with totalvauxall, I know have a radiator from a Mk3 astra TD or from a Cav/Calibra turbo. Minus the Intercooler theres achers of space. So re drilled some mounting holes underneath drilled the holes for the slimline and slotted it all in. Fitted a vectra V6 bracket to the drivers side, havent done the other side yet. Using a mixture of calibra 16v vectra/cavalier V6 water hoses she is all plumbed in.

As for the PAS i Have sorted that too... well almost. I have refitted the original v6 pump as I am having/waiting for a custom made pipe. It consists of a new original vectra V6 fitting to the pump with the right amount of flexable pipe 6" if i remember dont quote me!! ;) the it goes into a hard line witch will along the bottom of the raditator up the chassis by the battery tray. Into another flexable pipe with a brand new mk2 cavalier fixing to bolt it to the steering rack. So with that it should look like an original part. The fixings are being cut from a piece of aluminium ;D So that should sort that out.

Now the sod. The motor :P As you have seen I have been wiring in a vectra V6 transponder etc. This bit is done also the diagnostic plug is too. I am in the middle of wiring in the dash lights. I also need to get a convertor to make the rev counter read properly. Im really just finishing off a few things before I start her. She has all her vital fluids in her witch arent leaking all over the floor witch is great. So hopefully next time i go there she'll run.

I did lower her right down..

So then the remainder of the bucket list..

handbrake cable, cold air feed, completely finsih engine mounting and stay bar, finish the wiring and hear her run and check her over. Eventually weld in the rear part of a mk3 subframe for the rear gearbox mount. Theres more but I cant remember its taken about six hours to do all this so im sorry my brains in overload :o so i will add more over the weekend about my custom engine mounts and brackets that are being made to replace what i have done etc and put up some more pics. Thanks for reading, So i'll leave you with some pictures of the motor...

Just thought i would say while its popped into my head.

The engine mounting that i made and the bracket for the PAS resivour, is been sent off soon to be made into either a single piece or a 2 piece mount. It will be made similar to the pipe using aluminimum blocks cut and shapped by machine. Im not doing this im affraid but will ask the person doing it if they can take some pics off the stages it goes through, but I can't promise he will im affraid :(

Also this is the aftermarket engine management system I will be using. I chose this system because I have used this before, and it was a good idea to have three completely separate maps and worked extremely well.

http://www.emeraldm3d.com/k6

After The engine is a runner, I'll be installing the above system and test it to make sure she is a runner. You might think that this is backwards but the reason why is because if i went in for the aftermarket first and I made a mistake and it didnt run. I would want to ruin any of it by cutting rewiring or tracing a fault. So I thought if I use the vectra stuff first and it works I know that I have an engine that works as it should. Hope that kind of makes sense.

After she's all wired up with the Emerald management I will be tidying up the bay, moving wires sorting out pipes that sort off thing so everything will be in place for when the reassembly starts. Then its all back out again for the bay to be welded and then painted.

While the car is in the body shop i'll be rebuilding the motor. All new gaskets, seals, sensors, timing belts so she's ship shape and not ready to blow :P Then I will install another pair of X30XE cams, unless I treat it to some kent cams :D My ported polished and enlarged throttle body, variable fuel pressure regulator, light weight bottom pulley and I have some more bits but i cant think right now :(

I hope that makes a bit more sense for you all and not confusing you all. Will put up some more pro
gress as soon as I can.
mikegray

Re: Mk2 Cavalier 3.0ltr

Post by mikegray »

Hope you all like it. I shall put up a thread for my mk3 cav tomorrow :thumb
vauxtillidie

Post by vauxtillidie »

Please embed the images! Highlight each image link and press the img button above
2006 Flame Red Astra VXR 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70+ AUX In, CID, Bluetooth, Sight & Light, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All Retrofitted by me :)
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

vauxtillidie wrote:Please embed the images! Highlight each image link and press the img button above
Don't worry, I did a 'copy and replace' where necessary to show the images hehe

Mike, thanks for posting. Now get a thread of your Mk3 Cavalier up! :)
mikegray

Post by mikegray »

humbucker wrote:
vauxtillidie wrote:Please embed the images! Highlight each image link and press the img button above
Don't worry, I did a 'copy and replace' where necessary to show the images hehe

Mike, thanks for posting. Now get a thread of your Mk3 Cavalier up! :)
Thanks for doing that boss, what do you think?
Deegte

Post by Deegte »

O Jesus love this thing some serious work going into it. Got to see the rot being fixed keep her going for another lot years.
Vauxhall once driven forever smitten.
mikegray

Post by mikegray »

Deegte wrote:O Jesus love this thing some serious work going into it. Got to see the rot being fixed keep her going for another lot years.
Thanks mate :D I certainly hope so, if she rots again i'll do it again. Wont take as long second time :lol:
mikegray

Post by mikegray »

Right just a minor update of the current situation. I haven't been slacking too much :P I have been busy wiring away. As you can see from the pictures I haven't quite finished yet but every wire counts! I have took abit of time to do it, so I can trace the wires on the vectra and the cav, check the pin layouts etc. So far its paid off, I have wired up the EML light to the Digi Dash which works, (will take a picture of that) The 16 pin diagnostic connector is connected, I haven't tried to communicate with it yet until I finsh it completely. The Immob Transponder is almost finshed. Starting and charging is finished. X5 has been finished. Im just finishing off the instument/body loom connector and also the MFD. When I say Finished I have double check it for all relative feeds earths etc and make sure there going to the right place.

I did take some more pics of the soldering but they didn't come out very well.

So I will continue to solder on... (oh dear) to get her runing again. Watch this space...

Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

Impressed :)
Much left to do?
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
Lowrider Dave
Club Admin

Post by Lowrider Dave »

Wow - some serious work going on there! So much rot to cut out and remove, a lesser man would have given up! So much snakes nest of wiring - my nightmare! Fantastic work, keep up the good fight!
Lowrider Dave.

Archer 2.0 GLS
mikegray

Post by mikegray »

Hello all, just thought I would put up some progress, its been pretty much wiring, wiring and even more wiring :lol: But it has paid off one X30XE running X25XE management :thumb :thumb

Since it has been running I have been sorting out parts of looms I dont need and getting rid, as well as rellocating it all, as you can see it was all wired up in the engine bay as it was easier, so i'm also moving what needs to be inside the car and making a proper loom up so you'll never know :no

Here you go....

mikegray

Post by mikegray »

Sorry i tired to edit my last post to include this but I couldn't. My diagnositc connector is al up and running as well as a vectra MFD. I did have to remove the rad in the above post thats why i didn't run the motor long. Im also plumbing it all in to run it longer :)

Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

I wonder whatever happened to this Cav. :(
Check the Rules!

The How2 Index
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

A history check for D737 PCY does not return anything.
It is as if it never existed.
Tried Direct.gov and other sites.
All with no results.
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

Shame.
Check the Rules!

The How2 Index