My other cars are GTI's

An area of the forum dedicated to the other marques and models sat on your driveway (please post only one thread per car)
iancav6

My other cars are GTI's

Post by iancav6 »

While the cav is off the road, bought the black GTI to run around in.Goes ok although not as good as the Cav, only 138bhp compared to the 200plus in the v6 but handles nice.The mrs drove it and got jealous saying her Corsa 1.2 SXI was slow so i picked up the blue one for her.
Sold her Corsa in record time the other sunday,put it on gumtree at 10 am, at 2pm it was sold and gone.

Bit sad though Mr & Mrs GTI. :lol:
Anyone else got the same car as their other half?
Gaz

Re: My other cars are GTI's

Post by Gaz »

iancav6 wrote: Anyone else got the same car as their other half?
Yea exactly the same car, im a bloody taxi some days.
Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

Hmmm 206Gti...

Never had one, had a 205 Gti 1.9 which was great fun but never had a 206..And no, my other half has a licence but no car and there is no way she is driving the Cav..
Free Parking is a bonus, leaving my Cav in a carbon dust filled carpark is not.....
iancav6

Post by iancav6 »

Mikebmth wrote:Hmmm 206Gti...

Never had one, had a 205 Gti 1.9 which was great fun but never had a 206..And no, my other half has a licence but no car and there is no way she is driving the Cav..
These are our first Pugs,was a little dubious as I think most French cars are a bit flimsy but so far so good.Reasonable performance for no money,mines an 02 plate,Mrs is 04, both bought for £1000 each.
vauxtillidie

Post by vauxtillidie »

Corsa sxi sell very quickly the one I bought recently was listed forsale on auto trader 4 hours before I snapped it up
2006 Flame Red Astra VXR 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70+ AUX In, CID, Bluetooth, Sight & Light, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All Retrofitted by me :)
iancav6

Post by iancav6 »

Mikebmth wrote:Hmmm 206Gti...

My Mrs hates driving the V6 so only rarely takes the wheel.I think the 200 hp scares her as the throttle response is so good with the light flywheel. ;)
iancav6

Post by iancav6 »

vauxtillidie wrote:Corsa sxi sell very quickly the one I bought recently was listed forsale on auto trader 4 hours before I snapped it up
Couldn't agree more,certainly hold their value well if you have a good one.
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Gaz wrote:
iancav6 wrote: Anyone else got the same car as their other half?
Yea exactly the same car, im a bloody taxi some days.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
iancav6

Post by iancav6 »

While the GTI is off the road I thought i'd get the cam belt and water pump changed.3 hrs later I've got the belt covers off ready to take the belt off :x .One screw was a complete b@stard to get at,give me a belt change on the V6 anyday.

iancav6

Post by iancav6 »

Got the gti back together today and started up.replaced the awkward bolt with a longer hex head bolt and spacer, took about 30 secs to tighten up, simples.
iancav6

Post by iancav6 »

Had to do the clutch on the black GTI today,we used it to go to Cornwall the other month and it started squeaking in the clutch area while we were there.Got back ok and took it off the road until I could fix it.Read up on a 206 forum that this noise leads onto the clutch totally failing.
So took the box out and found one of the damper springs was falling out and had been rubbing on the flywheel bolts.

Fitted a valeo clutch,bought it online from carpartsforless,about £20 cheaper than anywhere else and super fast delivery.
5853moore

Post by 5853moore »

Nice ive always wanted one of the 206 gti 180