VX4/90

Taken note of a Mk3 Cavalier on your travels? We'd love to hear about it!
N-Dog

VX4/90

Post by N-Dog »

Saturday 1st December 2018: the day I took YDM in to the paintshop for tidying up and paint restoration. I won't get it back for 10 - 14 days, and I'll miss driving it, so I took it out for a run before I made my way to the paintshop. On my run, I spotted this old VX4/90 in the next village along....
[URL=https://s1376.photobucket.com/user ... .jpg[/img][/url]
and
[URL=http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/ ... .jpg[/img][/url]
1995 (M) Cavalier 2.0 16v GLS saloon
Mk3alan

Re: VX4/90

Post by Mk3alan »

You don't see a lot of Cavaliers around but still a lot more than the VX4/90!
Quite swift motor's in their day.

Alan
N-Dog

Post by N-Dog »

NOTE TO SELF...….. N-Dog, do NOT trap the seatbelt in the door, as you have done here, after your expensive paint resto !!!!! :no :oops:
1995 (M) Cavalier 2.0 16v GLS saloon
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

Nice find.
Thanks for sharing.

I do like earlier models.
Not just a bland copy of a quirky looking Euro or Jap box.
bobthevoice

Post by bobthevoice »

My older brother had one of those in the early 70s he loved it and it was pretty quick as said. i was a young mechanic in those days and i was fitting a re-con engine for him in a railway arch garage. he already had a block&tackle rigged up and we removed the tired engine.so far so good.so whilst lowering the engine into the engine bay i was under the car guiding the block onto the engine mounts bro was lowering it down when the rope holding the block slipped and i JUST managed to got my head out of the way of the falling engine.......cue a fair bit of cursing and a change of drawers. So....up i get for a woodbine to calm down and the rope holding the block n tackle completely lets go with the B and T going through the windscreen.......not the best of days i can tell you. anyway the new engine was a good unit and served him well. that car though nearly killed me a second time whilst coming home from the Carbeth Inn on the Drymen Rd. as my Bro announced shit.....no brakes....... :wall not a statement you want to hear going downhill and loads of twisty bits ahead plus queuing traffic.......so only option was me telling my Bro "see that dry stane dyke on the left? " that's where you aim for. he did just that and 2 second hand doors and a repaint of the n/s of the car later all was well. :)

Bob.