black gsi 2000

Taken note of a Mk3 Cavalier on your travels? We'd love to hear about it!
Rage

black gsi 2000

Post by Rage »

Spotted a black gsi 2000 yesterday parked next to steves taxi's in huntingdon looked tidy with dark tints and what I think is a f50 bonnet vent. Its reg started G47 ***
sriguy wrote:whats the excitment with broken exhausts.
Rage wrote:must be one of these "your not making enough power till you break something" things or just the "plain childish p*** everyone off with sheer noise" factor :lol:
humbucker
Club Admin

Re: black gsi 2000

Post by humbucker »

ive noticed loads around our way lately, good to see
Rage

Post by Rage »

Ive been spotting alot more vectra's about aswell I still prefer the old skool looks of the cav though.

Bit of a change of subject but what wing is that on your cav in your avatar I think ive spotted you in cambridge near the pub that has the speed camera near it and the double decker in its car park.
Rage wrote:must be one of these "your not making enough power till you break something" things or just the "plain childish p*** everyone off with sheer noise" factor :lol:
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

it's an irmscher boot spoiler specifically for the cavalier.

i know the pub you mean, never been there, but i have been known to drive past from time to time, i'm in cambridge quite a bit!
Rage

Post by Rage »

Hmm ok then so theres another cav hatch with the same or similar rear wing near that pub then ill have to get the reg when im next going past it
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

ah mine's a saloon:

Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Damn, that is a nice pic :thumb
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

cheers buddy, plenty more in my WIP thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2581
Rage

Post by Rage »

Yeah noticed that just after posting my reply then my mob messed up on the net again nice motor wish mine was that tidy
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

are there pics of your motor on here, couldnt find them. we'll have to meet up at some point as you're not far away. if you're interested in a tech1 diagnostic readout/fault code session and actuator test let me know, we can sort something out.
Rage

Post by Rage »

Unfortunately no pics on here cos im only online through my mobile and even though my old n95 would upload pics this one won't I can't even bluetooth anything its a pain in the a hole ive got some on the book of face though have a look for raging spirit and check out my photos. Would be great to meet up especially for a tech 1/2 sess. Whats the difference with tech 1 and 2 I thought 1 was for things like the mk2 cav and older and tech 2 was for the mk3 cavs and astras or is their certain things that each covers like engine is 2 but airbag and abs is 1?
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

tech2 is for all vauxhalls post year 2000, particularly those running CANbus system. tech1 is its predecessor for vauxhalls from the mid 80s to year 2000.
Rage

Post by Rage »

Ah ok so my mk3 astra would be a tech1 then being a '97 I always thought it was tech 2 for that. Ah well computers lose me now used to be alright with them.
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

astra mk3 would be tech1. what engine does it have?
Rage

Post by Rage »

It was a 1.6 8v artic but I blew the gearbox and replaced it with one from a 1.4 corsa which made it accelerate like a jack rabbit on speed then I blew a hole in the 4th piston so I have now got the c14se that was originally with the gearbox but thanks to it being an artic the front drivers engine mount only lines up with 2 bolts and it keeps snapping one of them leaving the engine lopsided and kicking the alternator belt off which kills the p/s aircon and alternator and loses 5th gear, so if u know if the 1.4 corsa's had aircon and power steering that would be helpful cos I could find a scrapper and have the mount off it. Or if anyone has a spare 1.6 laying around that I could drop in?