Wheel size and ET advise

Chat about alloys, steelies, sizes, offsets etc. Also: rubber reviews and Photoshop requests. Post 'em here!
Barney

Wheel size and ET advise

Post by Barney »

Hey guys,

As you've prob seen from my resto thread I’m currently restoring my GSI now I’m starting to look into which wheels to get.

Now I’m starting to sway towards the Euro look, so that means I’ll be looking at either Lenso's, BBS, Dotz or Dezent wheels dropped around 40/50 mill all round.

So now is the million dollar questions do i go for 18's (if they wont fit 17's) and if i do go 18's what J do i need to aim for and also what ET will fit i understand that as standard Cav's are ET49.

I understand I’m going to have clearance issue with the arch and wing lips, but that not a problem as they are going to be rolled and pulled when the new ones are welded in and before paint.

At the mo these wheels are at the top of my list.

http://www.wheelbasealloys.com/18_Inch_ ... eels__6947

your input on sizes etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Barney
dave955

Re: Wheel size and ET advise

Post by dave955 »

Where to start lol I think I've got reasonable experience in this , first thing il say is cav arches are tiny and wheel manufactures make naff all euro wheels in decent offsets for cavs , it can be done though , I've had lenso's and rotiform s on recently
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364998969.535026.jpg
. The lenso's were a nightmare to fit , extensive wheel arch mods inc rolling ,flaring, and cutting and custom offsets that lenso were not happy about doing at first. Look the nuts though.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364999089.053249.jpg
. Then rotiform s. awesome wheels but at 18x8.5 all round I just felt they were a bit to big for the car. Not to mention the fact that at et45 on the front. They only just fitted with all the arch work done, they where level with the outside of the arch and a fag paper away from the strut ,
Barney

Post by Barney »

dave955 wrote:Where to start lol I think I've got reasonable experience in this , first thing il say is cav arches are tiny and wheel manufactures make naff all euro wheels in decent offsets for cavs , it can be done though , I've had lenso's and rotiform s on recently
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364998969.535026.jpg
. The lenso's were a nightmare to fit , extensive wheel arch mods inc rolling ,flaring, and cutting and custom offsets that lenso were not happy about doing at first. Look the nuts though.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364999089.053249.jpg
. Then rotiform s. awesome wheels but at 18x8.5 all round I just felt they were a bit to big for the car. Not to mention the fact that at et45 on the front. They only just fitted with all the arch work done, they where level with the outside of the arch and a fag paper away from the strut ,
Dave,

Was it your car that was featured in this months Total Vauxhall if so its all your fault that im going down this route. :thumb :cheers

Like ive said above playing about with the arches etc is going to be an issue as im having both rears replaced so i might as well sort then while they are cut out so wheel arch mods inc rolling ,flaring, and cutting arent going to be an issue, its just what sizes fit.

I'd love to run 18's but if its just to much work then i'll drop to 17's.

What ET did you settle on in the end with Lenso. The Riva wheels i found that i like are actually Vaux Vectra B (83 - 95) fitment.
dave955

Post by dave955 »

Yes mate that's my car :-). It's not just the 18,s being too much work I just felt the looked too big for the arches , 17s just look so right the lenso's are 17x7.5 et 30 on the front and 17x8.5 et25 on the back , I've ordered another set of the lenso's but with black centres this time
iangsi
Club Admin

Post by iangsi »

dave955 wrote:Yes mate that's my car :-). It's not just the 18,s being too much work I just felt the looked too big for the arches , 17s just look so right the lenso's are 17x7.5 et 30 on the front and 17x8.5 et25 on the back , I've ordered another set of the lenso's but with black centres this time
Changing them already dave :shock:
Chip Pan Dan

Post by Chip Pan Dan »

give me you're old wheels, for the next motor :roll:
dave955

Post by dave955 »

Lol already sold the rotiform s , new wheels will be here on friday
Barney

Post by Barney »

dave955 wrote:Lol already sold the rotiform s , new wheels will be here on friday
Tempting.....

Are you thinking of selling your lenso's???
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Ive got on 17x8 et 38 and its very close on the front atch with no liners. Rears are modded with tons of room
dave955

Post by dave955 »

I sold the old lenso's a couple of months ago bought the same wheels again but with black centres
Barney

Post by Barney »

dave955 wrote:I sold the old lenso's a couple of months ago bought the same wheels again but with black centres
Was worth asking..
dave955

Post by dave955 »

Defo lol