Would putting cav slabs on my cavalier affect my insurance?

Chat about alloys, steelies, sizes, offsets etc. Also: rubber reviews and Photoshop requests. Post 'em here!
ronnie1995

Would putting cav slabs on my cavalier affect my insurance?

Post by ronnie1995 »

Hi there,
If I were to put cav slabs on my cavalier would I have to tell my insurers that I have modified the car?
And if so, would my insurance go up?

Thanks
Peanut_119

Re: Would putting cav slabs on my cavalier affect my insuran

Post by Peanut_119 »

Depends on your insurance, best off giving them a ring and finding out.

I no my insurance wasn't effected as they arnt aftermarket alloys. But better off checking with them first.
Deeksin

Post by Deeksin »

Wouldnt even tell them as its Vauxhall alloy theyl just rip you off regardless of change!
Deeks cavalier GSi 2000
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5348
vauxtillidie

Post by vauxtillidie »

You should really and as above best to check with your insurance to see how much it will cost
2006 Flame Red Astra VXR 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70+ AUX In, CID, Bluetooth, Sight & Light, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All Retrofitted by me :)
Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

Legally speaking any deviation of trim level including body / wheels etc must be declared even if you buy a car off of the forecourt brand new you should declare it has alloys on it as insurers presume the car has steels and trims as standard...

Know this is dark ages stuff but that is insurance for you, I worked in a big firm for around 6 months and had to study hard for my qualifications so....

It will depend on your insurer though so best to give them a ring, lets face it if they got nicked you wouldn't look too clever when you had to declare you had non standard items on the vehicle....
Free Parking is a bonus, leaving my Cav in a carbon dust filled carpark is not.....
blowfelt

Post by blowfelt »

My neighbour put vauxhall alloy on his Astra and the insurance company said as long as they are vauxhall alloy there was no extra charge.
ilovedmymantas

Post by ilovedmymantas »

my alloys are aftermarket (bought the car with them on). spoke to my insurers. No problem as long as they're standard size, not bigger or wider, but i'd always check with insurer by phone. Online comparison sites are a bit vague :scratch
" It's not rust. It's age-related patina " ;)

1980 vauxhall cavalier MK1 1.6L, 1982 opel manta berlinetta 1.8s, 1985 opel manta 2.0 gte, 1990 cavalier 2.0 gl ,1994 cavalier sri x20xev

-1995 cdx x20xev

---------------
Matt