195/60 R14 discontinued?

Chat about alloys, steelies, sizes, offsets etc. Also: rubber reviews and Photoshop requests. Post 'em here!
James McGrath
Club Admin

195/60 R14 discontinued?

Post by James McGrath »

Dose anyone else have difficulty finding a good set of 195/60 R14 tyres?

I need a new set on the CD but all the major brands don't seen to do the right size anymore.

I don't have this problem with the LS or the Diplomat, those sizes seem to be far more common.
Rage

Re: 195/60 R14 discontinued?

Post by Rage »

yoko, michelin, hankook, falken, bridgestone, kumho, dunlop, firestone, uniroyal, toyo all list that size should be fairly easy to get hold of some
sriguy wrote:whats the excitment with broken exhausts.
Rage wrote:must be one of these "your not making enough power till you break something" things or just the "plain childish p*** everyone off with sheer noise" factor :lol:
planetc

Post by planetc »

They still exist I think, it's just that nobody stocks them. Call Pash at Elva, they do tyres too these days and I'm sure they'll get some in for you if you ask.
"No the temperature gauge doesn't work........
we've driven 150 miles today........
the heater went cold last Thursday........
they check the level when it's serviced don't they?"
Rage

Post by Rage »

http://www.blackcircles.com/order/tyres/search this is where i got those makes from and they do them delivered to you or fitted
sriguy wrote:whats the excitment with broken exhausts.
Rage wrote:must be one of these "your not making enough power till you break something" things or just the "plain childish p*** everyone off with sheer noise" factor :lol:
James McGrath
Club Admin

Post by James McGrath »

Rage wrote:yoko, michelin, hankook, falken, bridgestone, kumho, dunlop, firestone, uniroyal, toyo all list that size should be fairly easy to get hold of some

http://www.blackcircles.com/order/tyres/search this is where i got those makes from and they do them delivered to you or fitted

I know Yokohama do them, but Michelin, Continental, Dunlop, Avon, all my favourite brands no longer list them on their websites.

Thanks, I've used Blackcircles before, they are normally really good, but at the moment there are only budget brands listed apart from yokohama and firestone both of which are too expensive.

planetc wrote:They still exist I think, it's just that nobody stocks them. Call Pash at Elva, they do tyres too these days and I'm sure they'll get some in for you if you ask.
Thanks Pall, I'll give them a try.
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

http://www.tyrewizard.co.uk

you can have them delivered to your local fitter too
vauxtillidie

Post by vauxtillidie »

2006 Flame Red Astra VXR 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70+ AUX In, CID, Bluetooth, Sight & Light, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All Retrofitted by me :)
Freakmandu

Post by Freakmandu »

Just had one of mine done at my local garage for £57 inc vat and fitted
ilovedmymantas

Post by ilovedmymantas »

I use bestbuy tyres,online. like others, delivered and fitted locally and cheaper than the fitters own price. I paid 60-65 each for 2 uniroyal rainexperts, cheaper than the 2 (same) already fitted, so now i have a set of 4. Not high performance but long lasting and cut straight through puddles no problem. I'm in Scotland, it rains a bit, you know! :lol:
" It's not rust. It's age-related patina " ;)

1980 vauxhall cavalier MK1 1.6L, 1982 opel manta berlinetta 1.8s, 1985 opel manta 2.0 gte, 1990 cavalier 2.0 gl ,1994 cavalier sri x20xev

-1995 cdx x20xev

---------------
Matt
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

ilovedmymantas wrote:I use bestbuy tyres,online. like others, delivered and fitted locally and cheaper than the fitters own price. I paid 60-65 each for 2 uniroyal rainexperts, cheaper than the 2 (same) already fitted, so now i have a set of 4. Not high performance but long lasting and cut straight through puddles no problem. I'm in Scotland, it rains a bit, you know! :lol:
Same as what I am running on tje corsa. 41quid a corner but only cos I fitted them myself would have been another 40quid otherwise ontop
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index