Michelins - a "hard" lesson

Chat about alloys, steelies, sizes, offsets etc. Also: rubber reviews and Photoshop requests. Post 'em here!
Mk3alan

Re: Michelins - a "hard" lesson

Post by Mk3alan »

I have been running B F Goodrich 195 60 14's for a while now and they seem grippy enough and quiet running.
Would replace them with the same.

Alan
Telegram Sam

Post by Telegram Sam »

I can't remember seeing them on the various web sites I was looking at, may be they are no longer on offer in that size?
'91 H-reg SRi "130" manual hatch 8-valve non cat with mods
Telegram Sam

Post by Telegram Sam »

ilovedmymantas wrote: Camskill's do look very cheap but bear in mind you still have a delivered price of £45.63(rainexpert, as example only) each plus new valves & fitting to add on. Unless you're related, I don't foresee many places fitting tyres bought elsewhere cheap, or free :lol: -might be an idea finding out how much valve & fitting will cost you, to do a balanced search ?
Tyre changed for a tenner. But I've got to put the claim on Michelin.

For anyone who can no longer get hold of 195/60/14's the alternative is to change (I suppose all 4 wheels) to 195/55/15's which are far more widely available apparently. Same effect, gearing etc.
graham8v

Post by graham8v »

I use a small independent tyre fitter, i just phone them up and ask what they can get in 195/60 14 and pick from what they can get, usually takes a day or so to get in, but i don't have any issiues, well so far! i've had avons and currently got yokohama cdrives on my cav (and our vectra too) usually costs me about £50 -£60 a corner fitted on the cav and £75 on the vectra
Telegram Sam

Post by Telegram Sam »

Long may it last but the worry is that as with all Cav spares the time comes when the choice / supply gets ever more restricted - and the more options you / we have the better.