Choice of wheel discs

Chat about alloys, steelies, sizes, offsets etc. Also: rubber reviews and Photoshop requests. Post 'em here!
Telegram Sam

Choice of wheel discs

Post by Telegram Sam »

I've yet to find a non-OEM / aftermarket wheel disc that appeals to my personal taste any more than the standard SRi. That said I haven't looked very hard. I did see one possibility once but it was on a middle-aged Mondeo of all things and at speed.

The problem is one of visualization. These days of 3-D computer graphics and modelling you would think that someone would have come up with a way of superimposing digitally a selection of alternative disc styles onto a Cavalier image, even catering for the colour, to allow you to make an informed judgement of the effect before shelling out. Has anyone seen anything like this?
'91 H-reg SRi "130" manual hatch 8-valve non cat with mods
humbucker
Club Admin

Re: Choice of wheel discs

Post by humbucker »

Telegram Sam

Post by Telegram Sam »

Great!! Now I've got to source a pic or two. I, again personally, don't go for the discs with just a few large spokes which seem to be trendy these days. Is there any particular source of discs with a wide selection? I doubt I would want to shell out for top notch alloys, a reasonable PVC/ABS imitation would probably be adequate.
There used once to be a way of "bookmarking" posts for future ref but that seems to have gone AWOL.
Lowrider Dave
Club Admin

Post by Lowrider Dave »

Ditto, if Dan is too busy to help, I'm a Photoshop man as well.
Lowrider Dave.

Archer 2.0 GLS
Telegram Sam

Post by Telegram Sam »

Tks for the offer. If and when I can find some discs that might appeal I'll get back to you (both!)