Mk3 Cavaliers riding on Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2/1.3s

Chat about alloys, steelies, sizes, offsets etc. Also: rubber reviews and Photoshop requests. Post 'em here!
humbucker
Club Admin

Mk3 Cavaliers riding on Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2/1.3s

Post by humbucker »

Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s and 1.3s are a mega popular choice of rim for owners of all makes and models of car. They're the control wheel for teams participating in the British Touring Car Championship, and as Rimstock head honcho (and legendary BTCC driver), Matt Neale, said to me at the Autosport show last week, "they just keep flying off the shelf!"

So why haven't we seen any/many Cavaliers wearing them? These lightweight multi-spokes are available to buy in multiple diameters, widths, offsets and colours, which makes it even more of a surprise that they're not a common sight on Cavaliers.

The only Mk3 that I've seen wearing them is a GSi2000 pictured in a 'for sale' thread on the MIGweb forum.

Cavalier342

Re: Mk3 Cavaliers riding on Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2/1.3s

Post by Cavalier342 »

Cost?
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Cavalier342 wrote:Cost?
They're between £400 and £500 per set, cost varying for different diameters, widths etc. That's very reasonable for a brand new set of (decent) aftermarket rims.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performan ... s-set-of-4
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

That's all I had! lol.
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
Lowrider Dave
Club Admin

Post by Lowrider Dave »

In terms of styling, I don't think they particularly suit Cavaliers per se as (Pro Race) are more of a clean 'modern' look. Team Dynamics Pro Race are popular, perhaps too popular, as they turn up on all kinds of regular sheds out on the roads - Fords, VWs, etc. Cavaliers are of the 90s, so OEM alloys or more 'retro-esque' wheels seem more befitting to them.
Lowrider Dave.

Archer 2.0 GLS
Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

lowrider dave wrote:In terms of styling, I don't think they particularly suit Cavaliers per se as (Pro Race) are more of a clean 'modern' look. Team Dynamics Pro Race are popular, perhaps too popular, as they turn up on all kinds of regular sheds out on the roads - Fords, VWs, etc. Cavaliers are of the 90s, so OEM alloys or more 'retro-esque' wheels seem more befitting to them.
Agreed, leaving those for the VXR boys who all seem to have them or JDM rims on their cars now.....

Retro is defo the way with the Cav, I still have a set of 16" Tsw Imolas tucked away I keep threatening to fit so maybe this year when it stops bloody raining!!
Free Parking is a bonus, leaving my Cav in a carbon dust filled carpark is not.....
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Funny you should say that about Pro Race wheels and VXRs - I'm considering the purchase of a set of 1.3 19s for my Vectra! Haha!