Which tyres do you rate?

Chat about alloys, steelies, sizes, offsets etc. Also: rubber reviews and Photoshop requests. Post 'em here!
bigmitch

Re: Which tyres do you rate?

Post by bigmitch »

TurboRix wrote:In my personal opinion, I never go on budget tires or brakes simply because they're vital as that's what keep you on the road safe. I've never bought second hand tires either. It doesn't matter how you drive when it's raining and you have to emergency brake you'll definitely realise the difference from good tires to budget tires.

Also Deeskin you're car is capable of 140mph so if you ever did decide to take it to that speed (in a suitable, and legal environment I hasten to add) then I wouldn't advise you to get anything cheap.
I agree with Rix here A lot of your lads go on tuning but your still need to get that power to the roads The weather plays big part here, you what to no
if the tyre will cope in the rain ,snow ,mud and anything the Uk weather ,c"£p roads will throw at you. I once put bugdet tyres on the last cav.That was a big
mistake the side wall collapsed and the trye came a way for the rim .I fell out with the garage for selling dodgy tyres, but that as my fault for buying cheap.
this your life .In my case this also my kids , wife .
iangsi
Club Admin

Post by iangsi »

bigmitch wrote:
TurboRix wrote:In my personal opinion, I never go on budget tires or brakes simply because they're vital as that's what keep you on the road safe. I've never bought second hand tires either. It doesn't matter how you drive when it's raining and you have to emergency brake you'll definitely realise the difference from good tires to budget tires.

Also Deeskin you're car is capable of 140mph so if you ever did decide to take it to that speed (in a suitable, and legal environment I hasten to add) then I wouldn't advise you to get anything cheap.
I agree with Rix here A lot of your lads go on tuning but your still need to get that power to the roads The weather plays big part here, you what to no
if the tyre will cope in the rain ,snow ,mud and anything the Uk weather ,c"£p roads will throw at you. I once put bugdet tyres on the last cav.That was a big
mistake the side wall collapsed and the trye came a way for the rim .I fell out with the garage for selling dodgy tyres, but that as my fault for buying cheap.
this your life .In my case this also my kids , wife .
Agree 100% always buy the best you can afford on any car, not just your family in your car but other road users as well.
marcia

Post by marcia »

I'm using Firestone TZ200 and they are brilliant in the wet, recommend them.

William
PRESENT CAR;1995(N) Vauxhall Cavalier GLS, 2.0 litre, 16 Valve Automatic in Smoke Grey.
Owned since August 2006