Which tyres do you rate?

Chat about alloys, steelies, sizes, offsets etc. Also: rubber reviews and Photoshop requests. Post 'em here!
kingcavalier

Re: Which tyres do you rate?

Post by kingcavalier »

i use maxxis MA-Z1 Victra Drifting or dunlop DZ03G on my cav
V6power

Post by V6power »

thats cause you can't drive worth a fook Alan, I have seen your attempts............your best sticking with your ditch finders. its nothing to do with driving like a fanny, tyres are the only thing that keep you on the road, it costs an extra £10-15 a tyre to go from a cheap nasty ditch finder to a good competent tyre that can make the difference between you staying on the road or not. Also another factor to take into account, good tyres don't just drastically improve your grip on the road, they also reduce braking distance if you ever need to haul on the anchors. I have never understood the people that throw loads of cash at their car on top tree suspension, brakes, performance parts.........then buy shite tyres. where is the logic in that? :scratch
If in Doubt.......Flat out!
Stoater85

Post by Stoater85 »

Craig - i dont even 'attempt' ??? ! At the end of the day, if you drive the way you are supposed to drive, any tyre works or they'd be illegal! Thats all I was saying.

bit harsh that mate!
Deeksin

Post by Deeksin »

Stoater85 wrote:Craig - i dont even 'attempt' ??? ! At the end of the day, if you drive the way you are supposed to drive, any tyre works or they'd be illegal! Thats all I was saying.

bit harsh that mate!
Lol when yer packing ditchfinders and a v6 am surprised you can pull away from lights! When i first got my cav think it was nexens on it thing would wheel spin on roundabouts they had to go!
Deeks cavalier GSi 2000
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5348
Stoater85

Post by Stoater85 »

Deeksin wrote:
Stoater85 wrote:Craig - i dont even 'attempt' ??? ! At the end of the day, if you drive the way you are supposed to drive, any tyre works or they'd be illegal! Thats all I was saying.

bit harsh that mate!
Lol when yer packing ditchfinders and a v6 am surprised you can pull away from lights! When i first got my cav think it was nexens on it thing would wheel spin on roundabouts they had to go!
i dunno whats on mine, ive never bought any tyres yet for this - maybe then i will realise all these issues you all talk about with 'ditchfinders'.
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

The point hes not trying to subtly make is you dont know you have crap tyres till youve had good ones, and for the sake of another £50 or so you might save yourself thousands in not crashing.
Stoater85

Post by Stoater85 »

Gaz wrote:The point hes not trying to subtly make is you dont know you have crap tyres till youve had good ones, and for the sake of another £50 or so you might save yourself thousands in not crashing.
lol i know mate - and i get your point. theres just a way of saying things! after all, we all have our own circumstances, opinions, points. no-one should be putting others down, a forum is for sharing and discussing. no one is more right than anyone else.
Deeksin

Post by Deeksin »

Don't take offence Alan were all mates here with same interest I never used to see tyres as a big deal till I wrote of my corsa into a merc estate I'm 99 percent sure the tyres is what caused it pluss the twonk in the merc! Like said it's always going to be a good investment buy a slightly better tyre for safety alone!
Deeks cavalier GSi 2000
Stoater85

Post by Stoater85 »

Deeksin wrote:Don't take offence Alan were all mates here with same interest I never used to see tyres as a big deal till I wrote of my corsa into a merc estate I'm 99 percent sure the tyres is what caused it pluss the Tw@t in the merc! Like said it's always going to be a good investment buy a slightly better tyre for safety alone!
totally mate - ive no problem with folks comments on tyres at all! like i said everyone has opinions. things shouldnt get personal i dont think thats fair at all.
V6power

Post by V6power »

grow a pair! since when did you turn into a wimpering nancy?!

you have known me long enough now not to take offence to anything I say lad :thumb
Stoater85

Post by Stoater85 »

V6power wrote:grow a pair! since when did you turn into a wimpering nancy?!

you have known me long enough now not to take offence to anything I say lad :thumb
lol i was sulking in the corner. you hurt me man :(
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

toyo proxes t1r on my cavalier turbo. i used to run p6000s on the omega and tried the p7s too. i preferred the p6000s and i'm sure they lasted longer, but tbh the omega is a big ol' cruiser, and on 16" wheels the tyres were huge, so it's not a fair comparison with the lower profile toyos on the cavalier (even if the turbo wheels are 16s too!). i had gone through a few non brand ones on the v6 but i found that they had a tendency to split or wear prematurely. might just have been bad luck. if you shop around and get the tyres from a wholesaler and then take them to a tyre fitter you can save a fortune and end up spending equal to or less than a full set of economy tyres from your local kwik fit equivalent anyway.
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

and i have yet to hear anyone say anything negative about parada spec 2's.
Deeksin

Post by Deeksin »

humbucker wrote:toyo proxes t1r on my cavalier turbo. i used to run p6000s on the omega and tried the p7s too. i preferred the p6000s and i'm sure they lasted longer, but tbh the omega is a big ol' cruiser, and on 16" wheels the tyres were huge, so it's not a fair comparison with the lower profile toyos on the cavalier (even if the turbo wheels are 16s too!). i had gone through a few non brand ones on the v6 but i found that they had a tendency to split or wear prematurely. might just have been bad luck. if you shop around and get the tyres from a wholesaler and then take them to a tyre fitter you can save a fortune and end up spending equal to or less than a full set of economy tyres from your local kwik fit equivalent anyway.
Decided it's between the p6000 or slightly dearer pzero Nero
Deeks cavalier GSi 2000
V6power

Post by V6power »

Pzero's mate, they are fantastic tyres.
Deeksin

Post by Deeksin »

Cant get any pirellis in 15inch any more so back to square one dunlopes are 97 quid a tyre thats a lot!! Thinking them or toyo t1rs! Or goodyears any good?
Deeks cavalier GSi 2000
bigmitch

Post by bigmitch »

Deeksin wrote:Cant get any pirellis in 15inch any more so back to square one dunlopes are 97 quid a tyre thats a lot!! Thinking them or toyo t1rs!
Toyos Tr1s was looking at set for my cav but got a good deal on nct5 s, plus the last set lasted 28k so can't complain
Deeksin

Post by Deeksin »

Was just looking at nct5s what you get them for if you dont mind me asking?
Deeks cavalier GSi 2000
bigmitch

Post by bigmitch »

Deeksin wrote:Was just looking at nct5s what you get them for if you dont mind me asking?
I can't fault them good in the rain but that could be helped by the 4x4.Payed about £89 per tyre, the don't make them
more though
Deeksin

Post by Deeksin »

bigmitch wrote:
Deeksin wrote:Was just looking at nct5s what you get them for if you dont mind me asking?
I can't fault them good in the rain but that could be helped by the 4x4.Payed about £89 per tyre, the don't make them
more though
Cool can still get them from tyretraders.com they have a good selection for a size thats getting rare.

Iv been checking the tyre reviews seems toyos are coming out best value the best tyre seems dunlops
Deeks cavalier GSi 2000
iangsi
Club Admin

Post by iangsi »

Have anyone tried Blackcicles.com ?
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Deeksin

Post by Deeksin »

Well managed to sorce perillis part worn from ebay ment to be 6mill left on them we shall soon see got them for a good price tho :D
Deeks cavalier GSi 2000
cavyman

Post by cavyman »

deek if your looking for tyres use a place called valuetyres always cheaper then blackcircles when you order use ty05 as a code to get a discount always seems to work for some reason. dunlops maxx's are another brillant tyre to get but best tyre lve used is the pirelli p zeros. this way if you ever decide to join us for a drive north when it starts raining you no need to drop back and start driving round 40mph like what happens to alan lol

Stoater85 wrote:budgets all the way...always been perfect for me...cos i don't drive like a f@nny! :cool
this is why you got it tight.......... yes l bet it was HORRIBLE !
Deeksin

Post by Deeksin »

cavyman wrote:deek if your looking for tyres use a place called valuetyres always cheaper then blackcircles when you order use ty05 as a code to get a discount always seems to work for some reason. dunlops maxx's are another brillant tyre to get but best tyre lve used is the pirelli p zeros. this way if you ever decide to join us for a drive north when it starts raining you no need to drop back and start driving round 40mph like what happens to alan lol

Stoater85 wrote:budgets all the way...always been perfect for me...cos i don't drive like a f@nny! :cool
this is why you got it tight.......... yes l bet it was HORRIBLE !
Am affraid i would drop back when it starts rainning as ad be away hame to put cavvy in garage ha ha cheers chris
Deeks cavalier GSi 2000