Tyres...

Chat about alloys, steelies, sizes, offsets etc. Also: rubber reviews and Photoshop requests. Post 'em here!
Martin_TD

Tyres...

Post by Martin_TD »

Ello, does anyone buy tyres online and take them to get fitted, costco, ebay or mobile tyre fitters etc I know nothing of buying new tyres lmao. I usually just get part worn but I'm looking to get new tyres all round of the same make. I'm currently running 195/65/15 but I'd like to go back to 195/60/15's. I don't do stupid speeds of like 80+ mph, just looking for a decent tyre at a decent price as once I decide on tyres it might put my ar*e into gear and get my alloys refurbed lol.

Cheers, the post is a bit of a mash but I really have no idea what I'm looking for and have no experience with new tyres.
Cavalier 1.7TD CDX and Cavalier 1.7TD LS
Gaz

Re: Tyres...

Post by Gaz »

Tbh as long as you buy a branded tyre you should be fine, buying on line is all well and good, but getting them fitted is probably going to cost you another £10 a tyre to get fitted and balanced.
TurboSteven77

Post by TurboSteven77 »

there i guy i use in prestwick/kilwinning hes good for prices i got part worn for 25 at weekend was a 18 as well
:thumb and that was fitted and balanced 5 plus tread
Martin_TD

Post by Martin_TD »

I don't mind buying part worn tyres but tbh but the tread pattern not matching is pissing me off lol. Thinking of waiting until costco have an offer on tyres and going but I've heard people having a hard time with them only fitting a specific size to the car with after market alloys but I'm still on original alloys so shouldn't be a problem... :\
Cavalier 1.7TD CDX and Cavalier 1.7TD LS
bigmitch

Post by bigmitch »

All depends on what you want. I don't do cheap tyres because my kids usually in the car, the weather,
I run goodyear nct5 on the gsi good all weather tyre
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Martin_TD wrote:Ello, does anyone buy tyres online and take them to get fitted.
Yes:
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=8293