Cavalier SRI 2.0 8v MPG?

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's mechanical components (engine, transmission, turbochargers etc.) here
ronnie1995

Cavalier SRI 2.0 8v MPG?

Post by ronnie1995 »

Hello there,
I am currently looking into getting an cav sri and was wondering what mpg you get on average out of a 2ltr 8v sri.
planetc

Re: Cavalier SRI 2.0 8v MPG?

Post by planetc »

Ask Robsey if you want a thorough and accurate answer. He keeps a full on database on all his costs and can probably even tell you how much more fuel it uses with the headlights on than with them off!!
"No the temperature gauge doesn't work........
we've driven 150 miles today........
the heater went cold last Thursday........
they check the level when it's serviced don't they?"
bigmitch

Post by bigmitch »

planetc wrote:Ask Robsey if you want a thorough and accurate answer. He keeps a full on database on all his costs and can probably even tell you how much more fuel it uses with the headlights on than with them off!!
HAHAHA That f"*KING mental :lol:
Rage

Post by Rage »

the sri runs the c20seh engine which is just the higher compression version of the c20ne that i'm running and i get an average 32mpg out of her thats over numerous tanks and varied driving styles and mixed town and distance cruising so i'd say about 30mpg round town and 35-37mpg maybe more on motorway cruising for mine thats with a k&n panel filter and a sportex boxless centre and sportex backbox.
sriguy wrote:whats the excitment with broken exhausts.
Rage wrote:must be one of these "your not making enough power till you break something" things or just the "plain childish p*** everyone off with sheer noise" factor :lol:
cavalier1990

Post by cavalier1990 »

Managed to get 59.7MPG on a motorway cruise down to England in my old 2.0Li (Not SRi though). Streamlining vans and trucks a bit so cheating slightly. Brimmed the tank up here in kilt land then refilled it South of the border and worked out what I was getting. Quite amazing - Beat that shitty 1.8 catalyst :) Around town it was about 37 - 40MPG.

Cav
Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

I live in the town centre near enough and have traffic to deal with every day but still get close to 400 miles from a full tank with my c20ne...

Drinks it if I decide to drive silly but in this miserable weather I would rather cruise than stack it!!
Free Parking is a bonus, leaving my Cav in a carbon dust filled carpark is not.....
cav4x4

Post by cav4x4 »

My 2.0 4x4 (c20ne), used to get around 30 and I wasn't gentle with it. Would assume a 2wd would be slightly more but depends on your right foot more than anything else.

Oh, and no such thing as a C20SEH- they never came with a cat, all early SRis were 20SEH, later ones C20NE.