diff's

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's mechanical components (engine, transmission, turbochargers etc.) here
joe cavalier sri

diff's

Post by joe cavalier sri »

Hi I'm putting my c20xe out of cav into my wife's Corsa c 1.2 bought a kit for it but was looking at a diff for the f20 what you lot think about them ? Are they as good as they say ? Cheers
humbucker
Club Admin

Re: diff's

Post by humbucker »

Everybody says that a Quaife ATB transforms the handing characteristics of their car. Are they worth it? That depends on how your wife intends to drive the car.
joe cavalier sri

Post by joe cavalier sri »

humbucker wrote:Everybody says that a Quaife ATB transforms the handing characteristics of their car. Are they worth it? That depends on how your wife intends to drive the car.
Pretty quick my wife drives she brakes later than me I wish I had a second brake on passenger's side lol I will give it some death too I've spent money on this c20xe so I want my fun out of it. And it will be worth more if we sell and I want it to look standard with 1.2 sxi badges on it etc I like sleepers the look on peoples faces says it all lol. She wants a wolf in sheep clothing so why not use the xe in the Corsa c I've got the full kit. But are the Quaife's As good as they say better traction off start Etc. ? So are they good and do what they say on the tin type thing ? Cheers
btcctroy
Mk3 Cavalier Rust Buster

Post by btcctroy »

Well if your misses drives like that then keep it standard otherwise it will be on its roof in a field. Maybe you should consider the brakes before improving traction.
I've never seen you do anything in the 3years you've been on the site. So again another pointless question
btcctroy
Mk3 Cavalier Rust Buster

Post by btcctroy »

Oh yea welding the diff is a cheap way to imorove traction
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Agreed with Troy. Corsa are not designed for 2 liter lumps. If it's meant for track use, then fair enough. But otherwise.. Why bother?

Examples of sleepers:

Ford Crown Victoria.

Vauxhall Carlton Gsi3000.

Holden Commodore.

Corsa? :lol:
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...