best ways for rebuilding and modifying a C25XE?

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's mechanical components (engine, transmission, turbochargers etc.) here
cav_2.0_gli

best ways for rebuilding and modifying a C25XE?

Post by cav_2.0_gli »

hello all,

my cav's done 150k now, and the engine, although still strong, is becoming abit poorly atm, due to it having slingshot acceleration.

so, ive been thinking. ive got a complete C25XE engine sat in my shed, why dont i rebuild and modify that, and swap the engines over.

but, i want to modify the engine to get as much power out of it as possible.

my current ideas:

engine:

X30XE 3.0 Block (crank, pistons etc)
X30XE 3.0 G camshafts
X30XE 3.0 Blue injectors, all ultrasonically cleaned
gasflowed, ported + polished C25XE cylinder heads, both re-cond with new valve stem seals etc
gasflowed, ported + polished C25XE inlet manifold
gasflowed, ported + polished + probably enlarged throttle body
ECU remap/superchipped
4 bar Fuel Pressure Regulator
3 branch custom made Exhaust manifolds + downpipes
Ramair induction kit, enclosed in airbox which has been modded for maximum airflow
cold air feed running to bottom of the front bumper
10MM performance HT leads
Bosch Super4 Spark plugs

non power related engine mods:

Vectra V6 metal rocker covers, painted Satin Red
inlet manifold + throttle Chromed
Roose motorsport Blue engine hoses, complete kit (possibly, depends on cashflow)

Gearbox:

F28 converted to 2 wheel drive
Lightened XE/LET flywheel
LET clutch, probably racing one

i was just wondering what sort of power i should be seeing after all of that has been done? i recon, with all the mods, i should be pushing about 230bhp?? i would have thought (hoped :D ) more.

can anyone else recommend any other modifications to do to my engine? also, can anyone recommend any good techniques or good ideas for me to do when rebuilding the engine? any tips? i will be changing the oil pump, water pump + belt kit, all gaskets obv, and so on.

is anyone able to give me a rough idea how much it would cost to have the engine rebuilt? im looking atleast £1000 aren't i?

gona speak to my local garage who do all the work on my cav, and see what they say.

i dont have a problem spending alot of money on my cav, as its the car i want to keep for a very long time. ive been driving for 19months now, and ive owned the cav since May 2008, and out of all of the 6 road cars ive had, this is the only one i have never got bored of, and love to pieces. ive done 9000miles in mine now, even though its been off the road for May-PVS, end of Aug to end Oct, and the again end of Nov to Jan 09, but now i want her back on the road for good, and i want a good realible car i know i can trust.
my driveway's like a 1986 vauxhall forecourt lol (apart from my mk3 cav's!