Omega Inlet Manifold on an Cavalier X20XEV

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's mechanical components (engine, transmission, turbochargers etc.) here
johnny_d

Omega Inlet Manifold on an Cavalier X20XEV

Post by johnny_d »

I'm starting to tidy up my engine bay and I want to get hold of an Omega Inlet Manifold for my Cavalier X20XEV as I've read they're an improvement on the original version. There are two part numbers for the Omega manifold can anyone tell me the one I need to purchase?

GM 90 412 458 - This is the 20XEV
GM 91 289 02 - This version I believe is from the Z22XE

I'm not sure if it's the 2.2 version I require as this might have bigger ports etc. I'd love somone to shed some light on the matter.

Thanks
5853moore

Re: Omega Inlet Manifold on an Cavalier X20XEV

Post by 5853moore »

This is a common mod for the vectra boys. Watch out as theres two manifolds and they look the same but where the throttle body goes is different. Its only mm but makes a big difference.
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Its a mod for the vectra boys as they have the duel tract inlet, not the one tract like the cavaliers have, the idea it makes better torque as it changes from long to short depending on the revs.

Odds on the omega one will be the same as the cavalier as its the same era.

z22xe shouldnt fit as its a completely different head. There is a 2.2 out of a frontera that is x20xev based that may be the one.
Peanut_119

Post by Peanut_119 »

Could always find a belt driven sintra 2.2.

Am sure it was on here when it was stated that the sintra head would fit straight onto the x20xev
vauxtillidie

Post by vauxtillidie »

Peanut_119 wrote:Could always find a belt driven sintra 2.2.

Am sure it was on here when it was stated that the sintra head would fit straight onto the x20xev
Think that's the same engine as the frontera one as Gaz mentioned, I seem to remember they do look identical to the x20xev
2006 Flame Red Astra VXR 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70+ AUX In, CID, Bluetooth, Sight & Light, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All Retrofitted by me :)
Peanut_119

Post by Peanut_119 »

Yea, my mates dad had the sintra and it looked identical, I was considering fitting it in my cav
johnny_d

Post by johnny_d »

Gaz.... thanks for the info and the more I think about it, I'm sure your right with the manifold. Cheers everyone for the input. I'm just trying to push a few more horses out the ecotec without changing it. The manifold and throttle body are the last two items to be done before I go down the cam route. Got two standard cams that I want to reprofile and again the question goes down to QED or Courtney? Both offer the service at much the same price.

There's a guy on German E-Bay that does a manifold thats been reworked, I might keep an eye out and try and buy one at the right price.

Will post some pic's up soon to give you an idea of what I'm driving.

Thanks again....