cav v6 cutting out, advice please

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's mechanical components (engine, transmission, turbochargers etc.) here
cav-v6-24v

cav v6 cutting out, advice please

Post by cav-v6-24v »

so im due to get a v6 cav but the owner says it cutts out some times, he has been told its the coild pack, also it starts stright back up, so ive never heard this beeing raised before about the c25xe engine, im thinking its a loose plig or traped wire or the coil, any one had or heard of a problem like this ob tge v6

cheers mat
Squig

Re: cav v6 cutting out, advice please

Post by Squig »

nope never heard of this as a known issue... would blame loose wire or other electrical issue
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
cavvygsi

Post by cavvygsi »

cav-v6-24v wrote:so im due to get a v6 cav but the owner says it cutts out some times, he has been told its the coild pack, also it starts stright back up, so ive never heard this beeing raised before about the c25xe engine, im thinking its a loose plig or traped wire or the coil, any one had or heard of a problem like this ob tge v6

cheers mat
air flow meters (or air mass meters) can cause this fault to randomly appear, try and borrow a known good one for a couple of days and see if it cures the fault also check the connections to the back of alternator cause they get red hot stuck down the back make sure the fan is working for the alternator feed,

just my two pennith worth hope it helps :mrgreen:
monjames

Post by monjames »

Its more than likely the imobilisor they develop dry joints on the circuit board, don't waste your time trying all the sensors, try this first, it will be interesting to see how you get on, I have had a 2.5 v6 since 1994 and cutting out is quite common