help

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's mechanical components (engine, transmission, turbochargers etc.) here
stonecold

help

Post by stonecold »

ok my cav seems to be running real flat ...it has a real lack of power ...got the ecu tested and it came bk with no faults ...also when i put in reverse and slowly move bk the tick over goes funny and revs up and down itself ....my engine is x20xe ecotec
HAIRIBO

Re: help

Post by HAIRIBO »

The dreaded ecotec. had 2 cavaliers with ecotecs. the first needed a new ecu as it reved up and down for no reason, and the other had a string of running problems, due to the electrics. sounds daft but i f i was us take the spark plugs out make sure they are clean, if they are covered in oil then thats a power sapping problem right there. if they are coverd in oil then change the rocker cover gasket and clean out the plug holes. These engines over time get really dirty. so take all the inlet pipes off clean out and if you can clean the butterfly of the throttle body. if you do change the rocker cover then clean all the breath piupes and holes on it too. but some good engine flush in the oil run for 10miles then do an oil and filter change. then seee how she runs. hopefully this willl help. my old ecotech engine was a right mess inside, clogged with oil and shite. Good luck.
C30XE