Coolant leak (C18NZ, manual transmission)

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's mechanical components (engine, transmission, turbochargers etc.) here
opvest

Coolant leak (C18NZ, manual transmission)

Post by opvest »

Hi,

I've got a bit of a problem with my Opel Vectra A/Mk3 Cavalier's cooling system.
First of all, what device is it in the blue. I followed the hose in red and it connected to steering pump oil reservoir, green one connected to the radiator eventually.
The problem is with the green hose. The green one is leaking coolant and i don't know what it's called to get a new one. All i've found so far are the big rubber hoses (~3-4 cm in diameter), but the green one seems to be made out of both metal and rubber tubing.
Maybe someone can post an eBay link or something (it's a left-handed car - Vectra A, if it makes a difference).
Greig Sri

Re: Coolant leak (C18NZ, manual transmission)

Post by Greig Sri »

That's the power steering pipes the thin one goes round in front of the rad in a loop. That bit in front of the rad acts as a cooler for the power steering fluid.
So your needing power steering pipes, not coolent pipes.
I had to buy a replacement pipe (the thicker of the 2 in your pic) when I first got my cavalier 10 years ago. It was a stupidly expensive part and was hard to get hold of back then.

Greig
1993 Cavalier SRi C20XE (off road till better weather comes)
Astra SRi XP 150 estate 1.9 (the run around)
opvest

Post by opvest »

Turns out the radiator is leaking from it's side. The plastic had a narrow, but long hole in it, where it dripped down and made the lower hoses smell of coolant. Thanks for thinking along though.
Desy221

Post by Desy221 »

Hello! I accidentally saw this topic. This is what I was looking for.
Microsoft Corporation customer service phone number