Z20LET components in X20XEV

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's mechanical components (engine, transmission, turbochargers etc.) here
Falconware

Z20LET components in X20XEV

Post by Falconware »

Hi Guys, :wave I bought cheap Z20LET Engine with some problem in head to put it on my X20XEV by using pistons and crank to lower Compression Ratio from 10.8:1 to 8.5:1 and using thicker head gasket 1.30 mm, and all components in Z
- by the way Z without license papers to put the block on X head :cry so must transfer the components on X
- second issue i will use management (Maga 2) shared with X's ECU
the question is what can i face something strange or not can be plugged on this project
Like someone tell me if you put Z pistons... pistons head will hit valves if i did that ( for example ) :o
(if someone tried in this project before .... can answer me :love :wall
Born to race
humbucker
Club Admin

Re: Z20LET components in X20XEV

Post by humbucker »

TurboDan had a Z20LET in his Mk3 Cavalier Turbo 4x4, although I have a feeling that his was stock spec internals?
Falconware

Post by Falconware »

Thanks so much humbucker,
i'm stoke internals too but i'm looking forward to upgrade the engine after shot period by put stronger turbine with fabricated header so if i put the head gasket std, i will buy the thicker one again, and you know that it is very expensive, beside i don't want to open the engine again ... you know what i'm thinking about ?
Born to race
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

There are plenty of big power C20LETs running modified Z20LET gaskets, so I'm sure you'll be okay. I know of a Corsa that was running 500bhp no problem on a multi-layer steel Z20LET head gasket. That's what I intend to run my Cavalier's new engine on.

EDIT: oh hang on, am I reading this incorrectly? You're putting Z20LET pistons and rods inside an X20XEV block with a stock X20XEV head?
Falconware

Post by Falconware »

yes i will put X head, but i will take the cams only, any ideas? for best performance
second: 500 HP on stock turbine with management ? so what the thickness of steel Head gasket you suggest ? 1.3 \87.5 bore or something else
Born to race
Falconware

Post by Falconware »

X20XEV head same as Z20let head in grooves valves or they are different
Born to race
Falconware

Post by Falconware »

these groovesImage
Born to race
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

What's wrong with the Z20LET head? If you're going to all this trouble, why can't you get a replacement Z20LET head or repair yours? There are lots of them around!
Falconware

Post by Falconware »

I can't find another Z easily here In Egypt becuse they are not familier with it
So actually Z they took 0.3mm from the surface head so the compression ratio will be higher than 8.8
The second issue.. i see the X head is very very typical in all thing unless the camshafts just. X had a higher lifter
Born to race