V6 throttle body

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's mechanical components (engine, transmission, turbochargers etc.) here
Cavdvm

V6 throttle body

Post by Cavdvm »

Hi I've noticed Courtney sport do a enlarged throttle body for the v6 engine. Has anybody had this modification and is it a good mod or not?
humbucker
Club Admin

Re: V6 throttle body

Post by humbucker »

Any improvement over factory airflow characteristics is welcome, but you would be wise to consider an enlarged throttle body as part of an overall package of airflow improvements e.g. thoroughly clean your engine's crankcase breather system (this should be done as a routine maintenance task anyway), high-flow air filter, de-restricted exhaust system etc.

On its own, the Courtenay throttle body should deliver an improved throttle response, but it is worth noting that a similar effect can be achieved at a fraction of the cost by modifying your car's existing throttle body. Worth installing butterfly bolts that sit flush too (so that there are no inhibitors to airflow when the butterfly is open).
Cavdvm

Post by Cavdvm »

Have you done the butterfly mod humbucker?
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Yeah, I have a V6 throttle body that has been ported and polished, butterfly smoothed etc. I'll try to remember to post pics for you.