Cavalier seh

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's mechanical components (engine, transmission, turbochargers etc.) here
camy

Cavalier seh

Post by camy »

Done a paperclip test on the cavalier today and codes 21 and 65 came. 21 is throttle position sensor and 65 is carbon monoxide potentiometer does anyone know whereabouts the carbon monoxide potentiometer is?? It's a 2.0 seh engine
Steven715

Re: Cavalier seh

Post by Steven715 »

Im not going to pretend to know what this is, but I found this by searching on google, http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/engines- ... meter.html
1995 (N) Cavalier 2.0 16V CDX
X20XVE Engine
camy

Post by camy »

Cheers mate I'll check it out first thing in the morning
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

Well every day is a school day.
I had absolutely no idea / never heard of it.
Mk3alan

Post by Mk3alan »

I tweaked mine once as the emissions test showed higher than it was previously, still in spec but had crept up.
Think I made a note of how much I moved it.

Alan
camy

Post by camy »

What way do you turn it mate and how do I clear the codes?? I've had the battery off for 30 minster but still there
Steven715

Post by Steven715 »

The engine management light should go out when the problem has cleared, and I believe the code clears after 20 non fault ignition cycles if that makes sense. I suspect that if your engine does have this potentiometer then it sounds like it could be your problem, unfortunately I don't know what it is or looks like but I suspect it will have at least 3 wires going to it and if it is just a potentiometer then you should be able to test it with a multimeter using the ohms range.
1995 (N) Cavalier 2.0 16V CDX
X20XVE Engine