Exhaust manifold

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's mechanical components (engine, transmission, turbochargers etc.) here
Colin118

Exhaust manifold

Post by Colin118 »

Hi there, I am planning on buying a Lexmaul exhaust manifold designed for a Vectra A which is sold in Germany. I am wondering if anyone has bought or fitted these to a Cavalier before ? - Mine is a SRI 2.0 16v Ecotec
Below is the website and information

Many thanks Colin

https://www.lexmaul-shop.de/Manufacture ... ::551.html
iangsi
Club Admin

Re: Exhaust manifold

Post by iangsi »

It's listed to fit so shouldn't be a problem, but I'd contact them first just to be sure. I fitted a Janspeed manifold to my old GSI with a C20XE in it years ago with no problems. James is deliberating buying a stainless one for one of his fleet from Germany not sure if he's done it yet or not, see supplier ebay user name www*gm-carsolution*de
ilovedmymantas

Post by ilovedmymantas »

:o That's a lot of dosh to pay for a branded manifold.

I considered buying one for my eco after seeing James' post viewtopic.php?f=83&t=16593

The one you're after is here https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Header-Stain ... 2254637186

It's a similar 4-1, a third of the price and shiny :lol:

As Ian suggests, contact companies first.
I'd query the 'not fit for egr' bit in particular :scratch

My last car was an eco sri, so I envy your close ratio gearbox - my cdx has wide :cry:
" It's not rust. It's age-related patina " ;)

1980 vauxhall cavalier MK1 1.6L, 1982 opel manta berlinetta 1.8s, 1985 opel manta 2.0 gte, 1990 cavalier 2.0 gl ,1994 cavalier sri x20xev

-1995 cdx x20xev

---------------
Matt
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

Agreed about the "a lot of dosh" comment, especially as you will probably see between 5 and 7 hp increase at the very most.
So just under €100 per extra horse.

I have read many articles, and it is all to do with air flow, so many punters mention bigger exhaust valve heads, and porting to smooth the passage of exhaust gasses out of the engine and out through the exhaust.

And a decat pipe to reduce flow restriction.
(Except at MOT time of course) ;)

In all honesty - I have found the best improvements (hp per £) by carrying out a "Redex and Italian Tune Up" procedure.
It definitely transformed my car massively.
ilovedmymantas

Post by ilovedmymantas »

Robsey wrote:….
In all honesty - I have found the best improvements (hp per £) by carrying out a "Redex and Italian Tune Up" procedure.
It definitely transformed my car massively.
Redex always worked well for me too, the difference is noticeable :)

I now mainly use shell nitro+ (same results) because I got fed up faffing about adding it to the tank, and It's not often I can fill-up.
It works out about a fiver a tank more but even if I can't fill it, the mix is always the same, so for now It's worthwhile. That may change when fuel prices jump but for now, I'm trying to keep the car ethanol - free.

I got distracted by 'the shiny' and forgot to add a link I had saved a while ago when I was looking for manifolds

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-AST ... 2198270250

May be worth enquiring?

matt
" It's not rust. It's age-related patina " ;)

1980 vauxhall cavalier MK1 1.6L, 1982 opel manta berlinetta 1.8s, 1985 opel manta 2.0 gte, 1990 cavalier 2.0 gl ,1994 cavalier sri x20xev

-1995 cdx x20xev

---------------
Matt