Cavalier Sri lambda sensor

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's mechanical components (engine, transmission, turbochargers etc.) here
Mightymouse1974

Cavalier Sri lambda sensor

Post by Mightymouse1974 »

Hi all. Have a 94 sri with the x20xev engine im trying to get back on the road. Last lad that owned was a chancer. Problem is i cant find where the lambda plugs into on the wiring harness for the car. Can any of you help me please. Cheers.
Cavalier342

Re: Cavalier Sri lambda sensor

Post by Cavalier342 »

Ecotecs, I bet they're a nightmare to deal with.

If you can get underneath the front end, I suppose you could get a flashlight and look for where it comes out of the exhaust manifold and try to follow the wire up as far as you can see. Wrap some bright tape around as far up the wire as you can reach, and go in from the top to find it and carry on following it, if that's possible.
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
ilovedmymantas

Post by ilovedmymantas »

The four pin plug for the lambda sits below and to the side of the distributor block...

..if you're putting a new sensor on the easiest way is to cut the wire at the exhaust end and use a socket & T-bar to get even pressure. They're often heat welded on
" It's not rust. It's age-related patina " ;)

1980 vauxhall cavalier MK1 1.6L, 1982 opel manta berlinetta 1.8s, 1985 opel manta 2.0 gte, 1990 cavalier 2.0 gl ,1994 cavalier sri x20xev

-1995 cdx x20xev

---------------
Matt
James McGrath
Club Admin

Post by James McGrath »

ilovedmymantas wrote:The four pin plug for the lambda sits below and to the side of the distributor block...

..if you're putting a new sensor on the easiest way is to cut the wire at the exhaust end and use a socket & T-bar to get even pressure. They're often heat welded on

Yep. I've had to replace the whole downpipe before because the sensor was stuck fast in place!
That was on my C20NE Diplomat though and everything on that car is seized!