c30xe poor running

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's mechanical components (engine, transmission, turbochargers etc.) here
polred

c30xe poor running

Post by polred »

Hi there people,this one has been annoying me for a while.I recently put an omega 3.0 into my van,i sourced the cavy inlet,loom,coilpack from a friend who had stripped one.I then got an ignition amplifier,cam sensor from another friend who had seized his 3.0 cavy.And finally a non immobilised ecu from someone down South.Got the van running,but it was only on 4 cylinders!1 and 4 were dead at the coilpack.So i tried my mates coilpck and it was still the same,1 and 4 down :( The fault codes were hall effect sensor and oxygen sensor no change in voltage.I got them sorted/cleared and its still running on four,my friend says his car was running on 6 when it seized and after when he un seized it.I went over the whole loom for voltage at various plugs,resistance and found no faults/breaks.

When running the amp is getting its 3 pulse signals from ecu,half a volt on my dodgy voltmeter and putting 17 volts out each wire to the coilpack plug(all 3).Although when i check the primary and secondary resistances on the coilpack 1 and 4 are showing a big difference to the two other outputs,this would suggest a dud coilpack?but its funny how my friends coilpack is showing the same fault.I gave it back to him without checking the resistances on his,but he said on the phone his was a working one.

The only things i havent swapped over are the two knock sensors and the crank sensor,but no fault codes showing up for any of them. I got another coilpack coming this week to try,hopefully its going to sort it as its been a good few weeks ready for mot.Has anyone here had the same problems before?Thanks in advance,Paul......Sorry for the long post,hope it made good reading :)
humbucker
Club Admin

Re: c30xe poor running

Post by humbucker »

changed the plugs and leads?
v6sri

Post by v6sri »

sounds like it MIGHT be down to censors but then then management gose into limp mode ,your saying the 1 and 4 plugs arnt firein?then it might be coil pak or leads,i wouldnt think its anything mechanical,.
1.4 l
1.8 gls hatch & x2 saloon
2.0 cdi pre face lift
2.0 dippy pre face lift & 2 face lift
2.0 gls 16v
1.7 TD gls
2.0 sri 130 seh x2
2.0 sri 115 ne saloon
2.5 v6 auto hatch
2.5 v6 cesero
polred

Post by polred »

Yes i changed leads and the plugs are sound.I am waiting on another coilpack coming to try out.As i said before though,i tried another coilpack on it that the owner said was a good one but still 1 and 4 no putting out anything.If the crank sensor was dodgy then it would be rough starting and show a code wouldnt it? The van was put together with bits and bobs of various cars,not from a runner getting stripped beside it.This is a nightmare i have found out,not knowing if parts are faulty or not.Maybe going to look out for a cavy/cally v6 engine loom,rule out a break in a wire i might have missed.All the searches i have done have pointed towards coilpack,end of the week will tell am sure.Paul..