New Website

Let us know which features you'd like to see introduced to the forum
Forum rules
When requesting assistance in the Forum Support/Suggestion Box areas of http://www.vauxhallcavalier.com, please ensure that you include details highlighting the device and browser that you are using to navigate your way around the forum e.g. 'HTC One M8, Android, Chrome, Landscape Mode' or 'Desktop PC, IE Edge' etc. Admins/mods will be able to respond to posts/queries with more accuracy and greater speed when supplied with this information.
Telegram Sam

Re: New Website

Post by Telegram Sam »

I logged in from a hotel in Stuttgart earlier this week using my Samsung S3 mobile which on the occasion seemed reluctant to operate in anything other than portrait mode. I couldn't figure out where to find the "View your Posts" link - does it exist in mobile-world?
'91 H-reg SRi "130" manual hatch 8-valve non cat with mods
Telegram Sam

Post by Telegram Sam »

I have more than once experienced the effect of clicking on Options - Expand View which seems to cause the whole site to lock up. Whilst this is be to be expected from a mobile it has happened on my desktop using Chrome and W7.
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

View your posts? Do you mean view unanswered posts / view new posts / view unread posts? All of these options are available in the header and footer menus regardless of screen resolution.

Where are you finding 'Options > Expand View'? The website is designed to be responsive, therefore altering layout to suit your browser/device dimensions (scale the size of desktop browser to see what I mean).
Telegram Sam

Post by Telegram Sam »

"View your posts" is what comes up under Search when I want to see the status of topics that I have subscribed to. Except that this option was not visible on my mobile.

"Options" and below that "Expand View" are visible when reading PM's in the Inbox. Clicking on the one or the other caused the site to freeze, for me at least.
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

'Expand view' is the same option that presents itself when replying to a topic - you can expand the preview pane of previous posts in order to view the thread while you're typing your post. I have not experienced any issues on my mobile devices when using this feature, but I will check again to be sure.

As for 'View your Posts', yes, I see that this is missing from the menu when the responsive layouts kick in. I will add this for you. This link should produce a list of topics that you have replied to or started regardless of subscription status.
Telegram Sam

Post by Telegram Sam »

Just to be precise: The site apparently freezing when the view is/was "expanded" happened on my W7 / Chrome desktop. I have hassle enough with my mobile (Samsung S3 Android) without trying such advanced tricks on it.

"View your posts". Agreed.
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Telegram Sam wrote:Just to be precise: The site apparently freezing when the view is/was "expanded" happened on my W7 / Chrome desktop.
No problems here on Windows 7 using any browser.
Telegram Sam

Post by Telegram Sam »

Yup. No problems from here either, this time .. I wish all fixes were so quick.