What games have you been playing?

Chit-chat about all of the above. Extra forum points for references to 'Horace Goes Skiing'!

Moderator: James McGrath

James McGrath
Club Admin

What games have you been playing?

Post by James McGrath »

Personally I'm a PC gamer, (see the Let's see you Computer thread), so I've been making use of the recent Steam summer sale.

Bagged myself Ryse: Son of Rome for under a tenner. Defiantly worth it at that price but it's a bit short (about 10 hours) to justify it's full non-sale price. Amazing graphics and the story is very engaging if a little historicity inaccurate.
Robsey
Club Admin

Re: What games have you been playing?

Post by Robsey »

Last game I played was Crash Babdicoot on the Playstation 1 (later version) back in about 2000 / 2001 ish.

Never play games because they are quite anti-social and swallow up so much of your time.

Not so bad if you are single and / or you have loads of spare time.

As a youngster I used to play Airwolf or something like that on a Commodore B2000.
Circa 1990.
James McGrath
Club Admin

Post by James McGrath »

Robsey wrote:Last game I played was Crash Babdicoot on the Playstation 1 (later version) back in about 2000 / 2001 ish.

Never play games because they are quite anti-social and swallow up so much of your time.

Not so bad if you are single and / or you have loads of spare time.

As a youngster I used to play Airwolf or something like that on a Commodore B2000.
Circa 1990.
Agreed, I find myself playing less and less the last few years.
Wouldn't say they are anti-social though, depends what you play, how often and who with. They are in the same category as watching TV, films or reading novels really.

I have a bit of a thing for classic video games and since 2005 I have built up quite a collection. I haven't bought much recently as the prices have skyrocketed in the last few years, but I have most of the main consoles from Atari 2600 (and older) through SNES and Mega Drive up to N64 and Dreamcast. I hardly play them at all these days, just admire them in their boxes. :lol:
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

Ah - but do you have a Philips G7000?

Got one in my loft -
Big top loading cartridges.
The biggest one holds 4 Kb of memory.

Graphics are like a colour version of the old tennis / squash games.

Never played it since I got married 20 years ago.

Hard wired basic micro-switch joysticks...
Eeek!!
James McGrath
Club Admin

Post by James McGrath »

I actually don't have a G7000, but it was one that I was looking to buy a few years ago.

I do have a Adman Grandstand (more commonly known as the Fairchild Channel F), original 1977 Sunnyvale Atari 2600 'Heavy Sixer', Mattel Intellivision, ColecoVision and a Vectrex. All of a similar age. :ugeek: