Team talk

For all your football, tennis, rugby, cricket, darts, snooker and 'extreme ironing' banter
humbucker
Club Admin

Team talk

Post by humbucker »

Any footie fans here? And if so, what team do you support?

I've been a Manchester City fan since I was a kid, primarily because I hail from an ancestry of footballers, and MCFC features prominently on the 'teams my family has played for' list (see also: Arsenal, Tottenham, Everton, Luton, Watford, Brentford, Derby County, Crystal Palace, Stevenage etc.). In fact, my great grandparents had their wedding reception at the old Hyde Road stadium!

Having been a City fan for so long, I've seen the club go from relegation to relegation before becoming the richest football club in the world. Quite bizarre. I was lucky enough to get a private tour of the Etihad Stadium and Carrington training ground a few years back (under Stuart Pierce's watch), and I spent the afternoon nattering to the majority of the first team players (Darius Vassell, Robbie Fowler, Richard Dunne, Joey Barton, Needham Onuoha, Andy Cole, David James etc.) before joining them on the training pitch. Nice!

Anyway, which colours do you wear and why?!