Tracking on Lowered cars

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's brakes and suspension here
Mikebmth

Tracking on Lowered cars

Post by Mikebmth »

Quick question guys, when your car is lowered as mine is (-40mm) do the settings need to be different when a garage does the tracking as had mine done recently and made things worse, now going back in tomorrow for second try.

Just wondered if they should be applying different settings to the OEM ones?
Free Parking is a bonus, leaving my Cav in a carbon dust filled carpark is not.....
Chip Pan Dan

Re: Tracking on Lowered cars

Post by Chip Pan Dan »

I always try and get the tracking re done juat to be sure. But ive been told when lowering a cav you dont need to have it re done
Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

Mine was lowered ages ago now but when Kwikfit did it about a fortnight ago they said it was miles off what it should be, its now driving worse than it did before!
Free Parking is a bonus, leaving my Cav in a carbon dust filled carpark is not.....
TurboDan

Post by TurboDan »

When i fitted new track rod ends to my turbo i put them on where i thought the old ones were. But when i drove it it was literally all over the place, it felt like every bolt was loose on the suspension!

I had people tell me it was the Steering rack, gearbox, 4x4 etc etc... Anyway i took it too ATS (nearest place to my house and they did the tracking for me and it was like a brand new car afterwards. It was lowered on koni suspension.
Hayward691

Post by Hayward691 »

I lowered my older one and didn't bother and had no issues...
Then done my last one, didn't bother again and wore the inside tread on all 4 corners... Very fast!!!
HAIRIBO

Post by HAIRIBO »

lowerd my cdx 11 years ago and didn't have any issue with handling or tyre wear
C30XE
gsi pie

Post by gsi pie »

dropped my white gsi "60 and its been fine

but that's on koni shocks n springs

iver never dropped a cav just on springs tho
My valver brings all the boys to the yard, dam right its cammed and carbed, dam right it pops and farts, I would show you but the fuker won't start!
Deeksin

Post by Deeksin »

Yeah the eibachs knocked my tracking out better getting a garage with laser tracking set up
Deeks cavalier GSi 2000
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5348
Rage

Post by Rage »

any disturbance of the suspension should be checked for tracking lowering tends to create negative camber and can cause toe issues as the track rods will not be sitting in their usual neutral position. check out bump steer and you will see why its advised to get your tracking checked.
sriguy wrote:whats the excitment with broken exhausts.
Rage wrote:must be one of these "your not making enough power till you break something" things or just the "plain childish p*** everyone off with sheer noise" factor :lol:
Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

Cheers guys, its now booked into one of the local tyre shops that do laser tracking etc so hope that will sort it out...If not its going to be a case of getting my mechanic involved and stripping down the suspension again!