front anti roll bar links

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's brakes and suspension here
A8 SPO

front anti roll bar links

Post by A8 SPO »

hi all
this is one of my first posts although i have been on here for some time! :)
my question is on my 1993 20i gls to replace the 18mm roll bar links, according to the haynes manual do i have to drop the rear edge of the front subframe down to replace the (press on) type links?. or is there an easy way to replace them. thanks in advance for any sugestions shaun :wave
planetc

Re: front anti roll bar links

Post by planetc »

Drop links or roll bar bushes?? The drop links can be changed without subframe hassle as they are on the ends of the bar. To change the anti roll bar bushes that mount to the subframe you need to lower the rear of the subframe as you cannot get to the bolt that holds them in place.
"No the temperature gauge doesn't work........
we've driven 150 miles today........
the heater went cold last Thursday........
they check the level when it's serviced don't they?"
A8 SPO

Post by A8 SPO »

Thank you for your reply.
It is the links not the bushes I was referring to, but will probably have to change the bushes at the same time.
Cheers Shaun.
planetc

Post by planetc »

Links you do from under the wheel arch. Later ones unbolt but the older ones are a plastic ring with a rubber bush liner and are pressed on to the bar. If you have the early ones cut them off and when you fit the replacement cover the ring and bar with washing up liquid and push it on with a twist in a fluid movement without stopping. Once you stop they can be a pig to move again. Do not be tempted to use any other lubrication or you will risk having to cut the new one off and start again.
"No the temperature gauge doesn't work........
we've driven 150 miles today........
the heater went cold last Thursday........
they check the level when it's serviced don't they?"