Suspension bushes

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's brakes and suspension here
Cavalier342

Suspension bushes

Post by Cavalier342 »

Hi all :)
Just wondering, i reckon the suspension bushes are a bit dry or maybe nackered on my car, but the trouble is there are different types, and i dont know which ones need looking at. When i drive at slow speeds, below 10mph, everytime the front wheels go over a bump, there is a quiet knocking sound coming from the suspension. I'm sure its not the steering, so my guess is the bushes. If anyone could help by suggesting which ones need looking at, i am very greatful :)
thanks.
Andy
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
dave's.veccy

Re: Suspension bushes

Post by dave's.veccy »

Front ARB bushes it sounds like mate, Very common item on not just the Cavalier. These can be a bit of a bugger to change as the front subframe has to be dropped slightly to enable the bolt to be removed. There are also 3 or 4 thicknesses dependant on engine type too.

ARB = Anti Roll Bar if you didnt know
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

ok buddy, thanks, very much appreciated. certainly helps :)
Previous:

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

hi again :) i managed to find some anti-roll bar bushes online, but there are 2 sizes, 37mm and 39.5mm, as well as different bar sizes, 20mm, 22mm, 24mm. I'm guessing the bracket height would be the 37mm, and the 39.5 is probably for the high-end models, SRi and such. but if anyone knows what size the anti-roll bar is, it would certainly help :) I got a 1.8 LS by the way, all standard.
thanks, Andy
Previous: