SRi rear suspension

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's brakes and suspension here
Super89

Re: SRi rear suspension

Post by Super89 »

Also i have been thinking about changing my daily Cavaliers setup, My Expression. Its on original springs but i renewed all the shockers about 2 years ago with STD GM items.

I'm going to buy Bilstein B4 shockers which are nearly half the price of the b6 items and I'm going to use my 40mm springs from my other Cavalier. This should ride alot better but still be fine for everyday use. I'm also going to renew the discs again and change the pads to EBC green 'stuff' has std GM pads atm which are fine really haha.
Telegram Sam

Post by Telegram Sam »

Tks for the advice. Hope I can get the trade-off that I'm looking for this way. I have to be careful round here with "the odd weekend bit of fun" - I don't think Durham Constabulary appreciate the virtues of yoko's on the local roundabouts somehow (yet).
'91 H-reg SRi "130" manual hatch 8-valve non cat with mods
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

humbucker wrote:Koni dampers and Eibach springs are a good option too, Iain.
This is the setup I went for, for my Cav (should it ever get finished).
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
Telegram Sam

Post by Telegram Sam »

I'm coming round to the view that (for me) the order of preference would be shockers / dampers (Koni / GT), then springs (Eibach) followed by bushes (Powerflex) assuming that there is not much wrong with what is there at present and I don't want to end up with a bone shaking harsh ride whilst waiting for the authorities to get round to filling in this winter's pot holes.
'91 H-reg SRi "130" manual hatch 8-valve non cat with mods