Routing of rear ABS cables

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's brakes and suspension here
cavalier1990

Routing of rear ABS cables

Post by cavalier1990 »

Hi

When I was fitting my ABS cables back on to the rear wheels I couldn't quite work out the right way the cables are routed. There is a rubber O grommet next to brake line on axle fitting for brake pipe, so they go through that but after that it doesn't seem like the right way to put them over the axle, next to where the brake line clamps to rear axle, then down under the spring plate, round and then up to the wheel.

Does this sound right? It's that I don't remember the cable going over the top of the axle main beam.

Cheers

Andrew
Greig Sri

Re: Routing of rear ABS cables

Post by Greig Sri »

The wires follow the brake pipes all the way from the flexy and on to the rear axle. Going under the hand brake cable down towards the rear spring seats. Then up between the shock and spring heading for the rear of the hub.
See page 31 of my work in progress thred. Some pics on there from me doing up rear axle. You can make out the new brake pipes on the axle.
Greig
1993 Cavalier SRi C20XE (off road till better weather comes)
Astra SRi XP 150 estate 1.9 (the run around)
cavalier1990

Re: Routing of rear ABS cables

Post by cavalier1990 »

Greig Sri wrote:The wires follow the brake pipes all the way from the flexy and on to the rear axle. Going under the hand brake cable down towards the rear spring seats. Then up between the shock and spring heading for the rear of the hub.
See page 31 of my work in progress thred. Some pics on there from me doing up rear axle. You can make out the new brake pipes on the axle.
Greig
Cheers Greig will have a gander at your pics.

Andrew