Steering issues

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's brakes and suspension here
chrisash86

Steering issues

Post by chrisash86 »

Evening ! Slight steering issue when I put the full lock on the right hand sight it makes a funny noise and feels quite heavy when bringing the steering wheel back round. I'm thinking power steering pump ! Going to flush the system first with new fluid and see. Is changing the power steeering pump a biggish job for a novice like me? Happy new year and thank to everyone who's helped me with my very basic questions this year :tdown
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Re: Steering issues

Post by Envoy CDX »

If its only happening one way and not the other things to look at would be (in my opinion)

[*]Rack itself.
[*]Rack mounts / bulk head.
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
cavalier1990

Re: Steering issues

Post by cavalier1990 »

chrisash86 wrote:Evening ! Slight steering issue when I put the full lock on the right hand sight it makes a funny noise and feels quite heavy when bringing the steering wheel back round. I'm thinking power steering pump ! Going to flush the system first with new fluid and see. Is changing the power steeering pump a biggish job for a novice like me? Happy new year and thank to everyone who's helped me with my very basic questions this year :tdown
Any play in the pump bearing, fluid level, belt ok? Easy enough to change just a bit fiddly to get belt off if it's facelift serpentine belt.