Spring compatibility for cav gsi....

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's brakes and suspension here
DaveeGSi

Spring compatibility for cav gsi....

Post by DaveeGSi »

I've been on the look out for a set of standard springs for my cav gsi and so far have had no luck. :(
Finding GSI springs is proving difficult and I was wondering if any of you lovely people out there could advise me as to what else may be compatible for kerb ratings, ride height etc equal to the cavs original set up....

Can anyone help?...
Gaz

Re: Spring compatibility for cav gsi....

Post by Gaz »

eibach springs are very similar to oe spec, dont lower it much at all, so it doesnt look lowered.
http://www.eibach.co.uk/

Calibra xe should be similar spec, as the gsi is irs, you cant use normal cavalier springs. its finding someone who differentiates between gsi and the rest of the range, thats hard in itself. Might be worth having a word with your local autofactor and ask them does it show a different part number over the rest of the range.
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

buypartsby.co.uk - online parts sales - bought a set of KYB's and loved them, will be getting another set when the time comes :)
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
himselfunknown

Post by himselfunknown »

Do a google search for the various spring manufacturers, I did this a while ago when looking for springs for the V6 and managed to find a good selection.
The GSI springs are definitely different to all the others though, and are listed seperately. If you have functioning 4x4 though, you need to be careful about lowering.