Lowering My Cavalier

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's brakes and suspension here
Super_Cav

Lowering My Cavalier

Post by Super_Cav »

I need some advice , im sure I read on a post not so long ago about having to do two diffrent mm like 40mm back 35mm front and is there any useful sites where i can buy them that I can trust oh my Cavalier is a 1.8i LS N reg 1995 any advice would be good.

cheers danny 8-)
Gaz

Re: Lowering My Cavalier

Post by Gaz »

All 4 pot cavs will have the same suspension so as long as it isnt off a v6 it should be fine.

As for shops shop around and see what people offer.
Cavyman_130

Post by Cavyman_130 »

i have 30mm on the front and 40mm on the back although it makes it level i would go for a 40mm kit, im changing mine over to a 40mm as the front sits that bit higher and makes the ride in the back extremely uncomfortable and the front suffers a tad more.
branny361

Post by branny361 »

40mm is a good height'
back are easy to do . drop the shocks and the springs pop out .fit new ones ,jack suspension up and refit shock bolt.

front is a bit tricker need a spring clamp to compress spring to remove the top mount .The procedure is much the same but takes a bit longer with having to split ball joints and wishbones to remove the strut.

As for what type ... depends on cost good quality ones give a better ride and coil overs seem to be very popular,, its horses for courses.

let us know how you get on
now running a swedish vauxhall...

the old cav vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYC4wHjqAhw

the new saab vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-K5L6UDGFk