spax springs and shocks

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's brakes and suspension here
cav-v6-24v

spax springs and shocks

Post by cav-v6-24v »

i have spax springs and shock and was told there 60mm drop but am now considering if this will cause to many suspension probs like camber and toe etc..
i dont mind the hard ride and quite like a hard/firm ride and no wallowness,

just want to know would i need to hire a camber aliment tool and maybe buy a camber kit to?

also there inserts so does that mean i use the bottom mount of the old oem shocks??? my inserts have a big nut on the metal sleave part of them

and how will i know if there 60mm drop as the powder coating has flaked of most of the front springs and im soon to re spray them with plasticoat or simuler felxi paint, also would i get away with 17's on with 205s or 16's with 205s

cheers mat

also thought id post the ebay link to
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %26fvi%3D1
cav-v6-24v

Re: spax springs and shocks

Post by cav-v6-24v »

sorry forgot to add there nitrogen gas filled does this make it any better? or just a type of tech they had when they made these?
cav-v6-24v

Post by cav-v6-24v »

also just noticed it says spax s026078 on the springs does any one know how to find out what mm these are? thanks again
Squig

Post by Squig »

cav-v6-24v wrote:i have spax springs and shock and was told there 60mm drop but am now considering if this will cause to many suspension probs like camber and toe etc..
i dont mind the hard ride and quite like a hard/firm ride and no wallowness,

just want to know would i need to hire a camber aliment tool and maybe buy a camber kit to?

also there inserts so does that mean i use the bottom mount of the old oem shocks??? my inserts have a big nut on the metal sleave part of them

and how will i know if there 60mm drop as the powder coating has flaked of most of the front springs and im soon to re spray them with plasticoat or simuler felxi paint, also would i get away with 17's on with 205s or 16's with 205s

cheers mat

also thought id post the ebay link to
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %26fvi%3D1
s026078 = Calibra 2.0 35mm drop according to http://www.jncracing.co.uk/springs.html found by putting s026078 into google and going into the first shop I found ;)

No idea how the ride will be but the springs and shocks should fit... you say calibra, I say cav in drag :) (damn pretty mind). If the springs are 35mm then toe/camber will be fine with little uneven tirewear, 60mm will need adjusters... viewtopic.php?f=7&t=606 there's info there...
Yes you can use the bottom of the suspension (these are the cartridges, hubs, legs whatever the buggers are called)... Remove front cartridges as per your trusty haynes manual, compress the springs (this is easier by undoing the trackrod ball joints, the top mounts and then the small metal bars connecting the wishbone to the anti-roll bar. You should be able to access the spring easier with spring-compressor. The rest is pretty much as per haynes :D

Then in the true spirit of the Haynes DIY enthusiast, refitting is reverse
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
Squig

Post by Squig »

oh 35mm drop 17" with 40mm tyres
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome