How2 - Install Window switch in front door(s)

An index of useful guides designed to help you care for and maintain your Mk3 Cavalier

Moderator: Robsey

Envoy CDX
Club Admin

How2 - Install Window switch in front door(s)

Post by Envoy CDX »

How2: Installation of front window switches in the door.

For this you will need:

* Rear electric window switch (2 if you plan on fitting to both front doors)
* Selection of wires, preferably different colours so that you can identify which is what at a later date
* Switch covers for the handles
* 1 pin with wire from a spare door loom
* 1 pin with a good length of wire from a spare floor loom

Step 1.

Remove the door card from the door you with to install the switch in. (If required I will put up a How2 on this also).

Step 2.

Install new wires / home made loom into the door and splice into the existing loom.

Red / Blue = Window Down
Green / Grey = Window Up
Red / White = Manual Override
White = Child Lock(s) for the rear door

You will notice on the switch there is also a White wire, for this you will need to tap into the wiring in the centre console area. To do this, I took the wire and pin from a spare broken floor loom, and the mating end from a door loom I was no longer using and fed it into my existing loom - a little time consuming - but well worth the effort if you want to do the job right, and make it neat.

For all the other wires, they can be picked up in the door loom as standard.

Refitting the door card is the opposite of removal.
Plug in new window switch and test your new functioning switch.

Disclaimer:
Neither Myself or CavMK3OC.com and it's owners can and will not be held responsible for any damage done to your vehicle by perfoming this modification. I have performed this mod on my own vehicle with no ill effect. Any mods performed are at your own risk / leisure.

If you have any questions, please do ask.
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index