How 2 - Fit a Vectra C Rear Cupholder to your Cav

An index of useful guides designed to help you care for and maintain your Mk3 Cavalier

Moderator: Robsey

TurboDan

How 2 - Fit a Vectra C Rear Cupholder to your Cav

Post by TurboDan »

I haven't got many pics of this in progress but hopefully if somebody follows this then they can add some more pics to the how too.

Basically you need to go to a breakers yard and cut the complete rear cup holder out of a vectra C rear seat base, it should look like this when you have cut it out:

So now you have that you need to remove the rear seat from your cav and then start to undo the metal clips underneath the front of the leather and then peel the front of the leather up to reveal the fron part of the seat foam.

Now for a second pull the leather back down again and then place the whole cupholder into the center of the leather and then mark a hole in threw the leather and into the foam, then lift the leather up and proceed to cut a hole out just smaller than the actual holder itself so that when you fit the holder in it is a very tight fit, this way it won't wobble about.

I actually bought some expanding foam to squirt in there but turns out i didn't need it as it was a nice tight fit anyway.

Seperate the mount from the actual cup holder and then push it in as far as it will go, it should look something like this although this is a picture of a vectra seat but its all i hav as an example:

So then once you have got to that stage you need to pull the leather back into place, use some cable ties instead of the Metal C clips to hold it back in place under neath.

Then feel around the middle to see where the mount is and then make a slice right across the middle of the mount but not right across, leave about an inch at either end, and make a slight v shape at either end. This is so you don't cut too much, if your not sure make it smaller and offer the holder upto it and see if it will push threw nicely. If not cut abit more out.

The holder should then push threw the leather nicely and sit flush something like this:

* pictured with a Vectra Arm rest fitted too

Just another little mod to bring the cav upto date abit.