April 2021 - Vauxhall Cavalier Mk3: The Time is Now - Car and Classic Article

A series of posts detailing magazine articles and media appearances that feature club cars

Moderator: James McGrath

James McGrath
Club Admin

April 2021 - Vauxhall Cavalier Mk3: The Time is Now - Car and Classic Article

Post by James McGrath »

Thought this was a really good article and a nice bit of positive publicity for the MK3.

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/magazin ... me-is-now/

It's well worth a read.

However, as unofficial club historian, I feel obliged to point out two minor errors;
Firstly, it states that the facelift happened in 1994 when in fact this occurred in September 1992.
Secondly, it also mentions that an SRi V6 was available when the V6 engine was only ever available in 'V6' trim to begin with upon release in 1993, then as an option in the Diplomat and after 1994 only available in GLS or CDX trim. There was also a Cesaro V6 special edition available for a time at the end of 1993.

But apart from that, I thought it was great.
chrisp

Re: April 2021 - Vauxhall Cavalier Mk3: The Time is Now - Car and Classic Article

Post by chrisp »

Yes, the "V6 trim" (as in my May 1993 example) was very similar to the CDX trim but omitted the alloy wheels (it had ordinary 15" steel wheels with "special" plastic covers) and did not have air conditioning or heated front seats. I'd have liked the alloy wheels but I'm not too bothered about the other 2 omissions - they'd no doubt be giving me trouble by now!
One odd thing though - when I sought a new auxiliary drive belt (for the water pump and power steering) I kept getting offered the longer belt which also drives the air conditioning compressor. It took a bit of persistence to track down the shorter belt.
1993 Cavalier V6 Auto in Smoke Grey Metallic