Road trip

The place for you to chat about your pets. Post pictures of your prized pooch or your magnificent moggy here!

Moderator: Robsey

gazza1701-a

Re: Road trip

Post by gazza1701-a »

please don't take this the wrong way, why bring dogs from abroard when there must thounsands of homeless dogs in the UK?
planetc

Post by planetc »

...common question. I was on the fence before I went. Having been there and seen for myself I now believe that it is the right thing to do. They deserve to be given a chance the same as any other dog, they don't have this in Greece, and won't until the Greek approach to them changes.
Would you refuse asylum to an innocent teenager that was likely to be poisoned in their own country?
Would you refuse to give to the British heart foundation because cancer research is more important?
The culture in Greece is changing slowly, and there are some of the younger generation that care for the animals and spay and neuter them. Until this is the standard there will be a need for help.
"No the temperature gauge doesn't work........
we've driven 150 miles today........
the heater went cold last Thursday........
they check the level when it's serviced don't they?"
gazza1701-a

Post by gazza1701-a »

fair point you make there, just wondered why go so far...Not much of a fan of dogs, had to many run ins with owners who let there dogs run about in the park's kids area near mine . But all credit to ya for going the extra mile for your love of dogs
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

He rescues motorists and dogs, and eats cake at the end of the day. What more could he ask for? :lol:
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
planetc

Post by planetc »

Lol
planetc

Post by planetc »

To add to the reasoning, a few years ago we tried to home a dog from a UK rescue. They are not all the same, but I could detail the stories of more than one that make it very difficult. The choice of dogs is limited, and even as experienced dog owners we struggled to home a dog of our choice. It seemed that the rescue centres did not wish to let the dogs go. The dogs that come from Greece have a support network behind them that ensures that they have suitable homes before they leave the country.