My Dog Was Attacked Today

The place for you to chat about your pets. Post pictures of your prized pooch or your magnificent moggy here!

Moderator: Robsey

FoxyCav

My Dog Was Attacked Today

Post by FoxyCav »

i had to write this folks cos its been 7 hours or so and i'm STILL bloody fuming.

went to my local park as usual, usually small dogs or so so i take my dobie into the enclosed section, however i couldnt this afternoon, too many kids in there, so went over FAR side of this local park (the kids find her scary even though shes as placid as a lamb). NEXT thing i know some fookin bullmastiff is tear arsing over to her and proceeds to grab her by her neck. Now got her in a bloody lock round her neck, wheres the owner, some 15 year old scote who only comes over when i scream im gonna whack his fookin dog. Now im a dog lover always have been, ive wanted a dobermann since i was a teeny tot, i respect people and if there scared of my dog i put it on a lead, but this tosser!!!!!!!

Breeeze is THE most placid dog ive EVER met, but she was squeeling as this fooking thing sunk its teeth into her
eventually "idiot" owner came and got his ugly dog, 15 year old who thought it was "FUN"

well you can imagine my "blue" "F" language

thing is ................now i feel guilty cos i feel i couldve done more, my poor baby is clingy and ive found a gash on her shoulder, which ive bathed etc.

why do these bloody scotes think its fun to taunt other dogs etc, saying that there where tiny tots in the park as well,

im STILL fuming
Rich P

Re: My Dog Was Attacked Today

Post by Rich P »

every dog should be on a lead around public places because like you said there are children about.poor dog hope he/she is ok
Drives a 1989 Mk3 cav sri 2.0 8v SEH
Cavyman_130

Post by Cavyman_130 »

agreed, every dog shoul dbe on a lead when its in any local area, its usually people like that though, wee neds etc. who as you said think its fun, sorry to hear bout the dog.
k1ngy

Post by k1ngy »

omg :shock: hope she is ok, keep an eye on that gash over the next day or two any signs of infection get her streight to the vet ;)

i agree all dogs should be on leads in a park, whenever our 2 go out they are never off the lead as there are loads of dogs just left to wander round here and the puppy(well hes 2 now) is great with people he just doesn't like other dogs.

im sure you feel like you could have done more chick but prob for the best you didnt, mastifs in my view are a nasty dog and by all rights should have had a muzle on and been on the lead in the first place and never have been walked by a 15 year old boy
loving cavaliers since 1978
Squig

Post by Squig »

That's sickening... my advice is buy a chain lead, NOT a choke chain, but a chain link lead.
In honesty though what could you have done, mastifs reputation for being nasty is not entirely unfounded... normally they don't outright attack, but there are cases...
Curious, when you said "lock" I wasn't aware mastifs could lock, I thought that was staffs... Now there's a dog with a nasty set of jaws, and much more likely to be kept by a chavvy little shit. Also horrible reputation with other dogs...

"As a result of their dog fighting heritage, one of the problems noticed in this breed is a tendency of aggression towards other dogs. It must be understood that even a Staffordshire Bull Terrier with "good" temperament may fight when challenged by another dog and should therefore be adequately controlled in public places. Staffordshire Bull Terrier owners have a certain obligation to society (as could be said of all dog owners), and should always ensure that their dogs are correctly and adequately housed and not allowed to roam freely in public and in the vicinity of unfamiliar dogs. It is always good advice to avoid allowing your Staffie to make eye to eye contact with strange dogs, as this is normally seen as a challenge. It must also be understood, however, that dog aggression is not related to human aggression in this breed. A staffie that is aggressive to strange dogs may still be completely trustworthy to humans." excerpt from Wikipedia on staffordshire terriers.

I have a vet friend if you want some free advice...
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
k1ngy

Post by k1ngy »

lock jaw is a myth, its proven that staffies, pit bulls and mastiffs etc don't have lock jaw just very strong jaw and cheek muscles.

staffs were originally used to bring down bulls by biting them on the nose and holding on until the bull died, any dog that couldn't hold on long enough were then used for fighting or put down.

i agree staffs have a bad reputation for fighting with other dogs but the same can be said for any breed of dog tbh it usually just depends on the person bringing the dog up and the kind of environment the dog is in at the time
loving cavaliers since 1978
Squig

Post by Squig »

I agree... any animal caged with a family of chavs is probably bound to be an anti-social bastard!

How's Breeze?

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

all dogs in public should be on a lead my fiance is petrified of dogs and it sometimes prevents her from going to places because people are to ignorant to put there dog on a lead
Cavyman_130

Post by Cavyman_130 »

same as laura mate, but she did get biten when she was younger by one of those japenese ekita things or however you spell it, lol so its understandably that she see's every dog as a threat so in my eyes all dogs should be on a lead, yeah ok you could say "my dog is harmless etc etc" which a lot of dog owners say but at the end of the day how is someone that doesnt know you or the dog know its harmless?
Rich P

Post by Rich P »

you have to considerate for other people
Drives a 1989 Mk3 cav sri 2.0 8v SEH
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

Just a quick update. I decided to Inform the police about this dog. They are treating it as a serious offence as the lads where obviously baiting and training the dog for fighting. The Police are now on the lookout for the 2 youths and i had to give a statement and description to them. Apparently this dog has already savaged someones cat and killed it. The Police camera is now in the park, and i have a number to ring if i see them again, they said theyd be thre asap if i ring them.

Breeze was very "off" so me and Gaz took her to the vets, and she has been given painkillers, antibiolics and a antibacterial wash to clean the wound. It is now healing nicely, though poor Gaz did get "gunged" when he lifted Breeze onto the vets table .hehehe He kept calling her Zombie dog.

least summat was done (community police are also patrolling the park) and hopefully these "sickos" will be caught asap.
Squig

Post by Squig »

glad to hear the dibble are taking an intrest... and that gaz got "gunked" too :D