Yet more pets... damn it...

The place for you to chat about your pets. Post pictures of your prized pooch or your magnificent moggy here!

Moderator: Robsey

Squig

Yet more pets... damn it...

Post by Squig »

Today I finished the car off... sorted the advisories from the MOT (see wip) and took her out for a quick fuel stop and whatnot, upon returning home I was called over by a neighbour, who's cat had cornered a "mouse". Ignoring the fact the cat was only doing it's job, we shooed it off and Emma and I managed to scoop up this "mouse"... and discovered it was a Gerbil.

Okay, thinketh I, short of stepping on it, we now have a new pet. Damn... I really didn't want another pet, we already have 18... and fish... but fine, it's only small. Hand it to Emma... then I realise they are nocturnal, and any chance of pitching it back over the fence vanishes when I hear Emma start cooing. Crap...

So we're back inside now, several hours later. Snack (the brown gerbil) has settled in, eaten some dried fruit and cheese, had a little drink, and thanking his lucky stars... if he has sense. The cat flap I installed today, which involved dismantling my jigsaw to re grease the gears, opens with Spike (ginger tom) pads in and drops something which scurries off behind the bin.

Another bloody gerbil has bloody gone behind the bloody bin!

Emma and her sister catch it and instead of feeding it back to the cat they name the bloody thing and put it in the cage with the other one! Yeeesh!

I'd like to point out I'm not really harsh enough to launch a rodent over a fence, nor feed our animals live food, but I would be lying if I didn't admit a small part of me didn't consider it for the briefest portion of a nanosecond... anyway meet Snack... and Stitch...

Snack...

Stitch...

It would appear Snack is unscathed, but Stitch wasn't quite as lucky and may have a broken leg, unfortunately for him I'm unable (and a bit unwilling) to take him to a vet to pay £15 before the vet even sees him. He seems fairly perky, so as long as he lives through tonight I'm guessing it will either heal on it's own or he'll be a tripod. Yes they are both male...

Bloody gerbils...
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
TurboDan

Re: Yet more pets... damn it...

Post by TurboDan »

Jesus squig your getting like gaz's mrs with her million rats!

Hording car parts is one thing but pets too? :lol:
Sphinx

Post by Sphinx »

hehe in fairness its not him its all me and my sister. what makes it worse is that less than a month ago i found a ferret :wall ..... squig mite bitch but at the end of the day he loves them just as much as me :D :D :D
the little black one called stich has a little white mustash and it make him look like hitler but my sis wont let me call him adolf. :cry:
Live Hard, Die Fast & Leave A Nasty Corpse!

TurboDan

Post by TurboDan »

:lol:

We have a hamster, had it for nearly 2 years now and it still has no name!
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

TurboDan wrote:Jesus squig your getting like gaz's mrs with her million rats!

Hording car parts is one thing but pets too? :lol:

oiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii no matter how many pets they have i'll STILL have more hehe :lol: :lol:
my gorgeous girl Sophie has just had 7 little babies :love :love . AND i can sell mine for £15 a time so there lmao.

well done squig but mostly Emma :p gerbils would not be able to survive in the wild, and whoevers dumped them out should be ashamed of themselves :wall

I know you can get tiny splints for rat legs, but im unsure bout gerbils. i doubt theres much they can do tbh. If its broken it may not heal right so may need a little amputation
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

TurboDan wrote::lol:

We have a hamster, had it for nearly 2 years now and it still has no name!
awwwwwwwww poor hammy, so do you call the poor thing IT, all my rats have names
Squig

Post by Squig »

we are going to see how he does... simply not going to spend £40-£50 on fixing a gerbil that will survive happily on 3 legs. It probably sounds a little harsh but I have little enough money atm...

Ahhh, but foxy, if my pets fought yours mine would win! :lol:

****edit****

In fact if we had a pet battle royal I think Halo, my cat, would win... he the second most vicious feline I've known.

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
TurboDan

Post by TurboDan »

FoxyCav wrote:awwwwwwwww poor hammy, so do you call the poor thing IT, all my rats have names

Well i wanted to call it lucy or pinder but hayley wouldn't let me :( So its just called "the hamster". Its a she
carlos_canter

Post by carlos_canter »

Squig,

casually construct a gerbil cannon from an old straight section of exhaust.
"Redefining success since 1981"
Squig

Post by Squig »

funny you should mention that Carl... I have some 1 1/2 inch exhaust tube I now have no need of... hmmmm...

FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

ive got an evil buck that would fight anything had chunks out of me the little shit, bet he could fight your puss and win :fight :fight :fight :fight

cat toes mwahhhhhhhhhhahahahaha
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

Only got a few animals compared to you guys...

3 female chinchillas Linda, Donna and Carol....They came with those names, honest.
Came home from work one friday afternoon to find a 6ft tall 3 floor cage with these critters in...overflow from a rescue centre apparently.
Wife arranged for the local vet to drop them off whilst I was out.

Hmmmm naughty wifey!!! :wall

We also have 3 goldfish...no names and
5 medium to large dogs, including a Leonberger and a Great Dane...all as soft as Poo. All 5 are very loving, great with kids and each other.
Got 1 from a rescue centre and 4 from the RSPCA....all were either badly treated, starved, strangled, burned or dumped. :no

When I walk them, I have five leads, with 22 stones of mutt (s) attached...
thankfully, they all behave well on the lead.
Squig

Post by Squig »

The list is as follows... purely for jaw drop value I think...

3 moggies... ginger tabby tom, regular tabby, white tom.
2 dogs... Giant Schauzer, Rotweiler pup.
3 chincillias... 2 female, one male (seperated)
4 royal pythons...
9 bearded dragons...
Lulu the tortoise...
2 Gerbils...
Sparks the ferret...
and Harley the horse... a working pet.

the current count is a fairly silly 25 not counting the hoss... I have pictures of most... and this is, at the moment, a low, after the last of the 4 rabbits died. I don't want any more, but the last 3 have almost literally appeared on our doorstep of their own violation. It's not like I have a sign up saying "Free board for abandoned strays...".

Oh yeah foxy, I'll put your rat up against Poppy... soft as shit, but the "play?" instinct is strong in this one....

phalinmegob

Post by phalinmegob »

1.ferocious rabbit
2.nine large goldfish in pond
3.four really ferocious children
Squig

Post by Squig »

I forgot the fish! and snails!

FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

ha not a patch on me :lol: :lol:
2 cats of the moggie variety
1 dog, dobermann
AND

fanfare please
70+ rats of various varieties. some rescue, some breeding stock, some babies. :love :love :love

yes i am crackers but theyre all loved and looked after :love

registered with the main rat body the NFRS as a registered Rattery..........name of Rattery... Omega :lol: :lol: :lol:
anyone beat that, :cool :cool
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

Robsey wrote:Only got a few animals compared to you guys...

3 female chinchillas Linda, Donna and Carol....They came with those names, honest.
Came home from work one friday afternoon to find a 6ft tall 3 floor cage with these critters in...overflow from a rescue centre apparently.
Wife arranged for the local vet to drop them off whilst I was out.

Hmmmm naughty wifey!!! :wall

We also have 3 goldfish...no names and
5 medium to large dogs, including a Leonberger and a Great Dane...all as soft as Poo. All 5 are very loving, great with kids and each other.
Got 1 from a rescue centre and 4 from the RSPCA....all were either badly treated, starved, strangled, burned or dumped. :no

When I walk them, I have five leads, with 22 stones of mutt (s) attached...
thankfully, they all behave well on the lead.
my mates got chinchillas (well her hubby has) they look lovely, are they difficult to handle??
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

nah.. they are lovely little fat fluffy fings.

You can just sit them on your chest and give em a stroke.
If you scare them, they shed their fur, and then if they don't like you, they piddle on you.

They don't bite out of mallice, but they are quite greedy, so will nibble your fingers!!

nicest rodents we ever had!! a lot less hassle than guinee pigs, and MUCH cleaner.
TurboDan

Post by TurboDan »

FoxyCav wrote:ha not a patch on me :lol: :lol:
1 dog, dobermann
AND

fanfare please
70+ rats of various varieties. some rescue, some breeding stock, some babies. :love :love :love

registered with the main rat body the NFRS as a registered Rattery..........name of Rattery... Omega :lol: :lol: :lol:

You have serious issues! And same to squig!
Squig

Post by Squig »

Robsey wrote:nah.. they are lovely little fat fluffy fings.

You can just sit them on your chest and give em a stroke.
If you scare them, they shed their fur, and then if they don't like you, they piddle on you.

They don't bite out of mallice, but they are quite greedy, so will nibble your fingers!!

nicest rodents we ever had!! a lot less hassle than guinee pigs, and MUCH cleaner.
Not rodents... they are officially members of the rabbit family...

carlos_canter

Post by carlos_canter »

Well i can only add my tuppence worth,

1 cat of the black and white fem fatale variety(jabba), should of been a mother because she has a large "apron"
It was 2 cats up until 12 march 2009 when i lost my little man(colin) to FIV and jabba eventually took him under her wing.

"Redefining success since 1981"
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

TurboDan wrote:
FoxyCav wrote:ha not a patch on me :lol: :lol:
1 dog, dobermann
AND

fanfare please

You have serious issues! And same to squig!
why cos i love my animals???? nowt wrong with that, i wouldnt trust anyone who didnt like animals, you always find theyre generally a bit of an odd ball............................looks at Dan...............i rest my case :lol: :lol:
Squig

Post by Squig »

I resemble that remark!

Sphinx

Post by Sphinx »

well the little black gerbil has started to use his little poorly leg so i dont think he hurt it that much! he was washing himself and running up and down his tunnel and is digging quite happily.
Live Hard, Die Fast & Leave A Nasty Corpse!