Cats

The place for you to chat about your pets. Post pictures of your prized pooch or your magnificent moggy here!

Moderator: Robsey

humbucker
Club Admin

Cats

Post by humbucker »

i love dogs, and mrs humbucker is dog mad as she always had a dog when she was growing up, but due to the amount of time we're on the road it would be unfair for us to have one. we'll be wandering through town and i'll turn around to find mrs humbucker missing, and when i retrace my steps i find her playing with some dog or another. most people don't mind but you do get the odd sour faced old bat that takes great offence and thinks their dog is about to be stolen! especially if it's some poor mutt tied up to a bench while its owner pops off to buy some new blue rinse!

so instead we have one of the world's coolest cats, 'willow'. she was essentially a rescue cat. we have been through quite the ordeal with her this week as she went missing for four days, presumed brown bread. 6 hours a day of searching every outhouse, barn, shed, field, dyke, road, hedgerow and river bank (we live in the middle of nowhere, very rural). nothing. until yesterday morning when she returned home battered. i thought the river had taken her as it's very close to the house and tide has been very high this week (it's a huge river) so you can imagine my surprise when she limped up the garden path. i genuinely thought i was hallucinating. we'd been through such an ordeal, but nothing compared our little feline friend. we rushed her to the vet, it seems she's been hit by a car. possible fractured pelvis, or hip damage, either way may require surgery (good job she's insured). she can't put much weight on her rear legs at the moment but i'm taking her back to the vets on monday for x-rays to determine the damage.

the vet said its amazing that she came home at all, has probably been in some kind of pet-trauma enduced shock for a couple of days, lying in the neighbouring turnip field, and then dragged herself home. good job someone (me) was here upon her arrival. the funny thing was that i went out to speak to one of the farm hands to say 'oi oi if you happen to see my cat...' which i have been doing to every resident between here and the nearest town (admittedly that amounts to four houses) and it was at the point i was walking over to see them that i heard this weak 'meeeeow'. turned around and there she was! it was quite an emotional moment, as any cat or dog owner knows, they really are a part of the family.

so in response to planetc's DOG thread here's the CAT thread. let's see pics of your feline friend, and of any stories of note you have to tell!

willow:

when we first got her (how could we resist?!):

TurboSteven77

Re: Cats

Post by TurboSteven77 »

molly our oldest was 7 ( so they cat protection think )when we got her 6 years ago

barcardi { aka the blod ] 5 now all his stripes are semitrical from nose to tail paid 75 for him { he got his name as he used to do the dance like cat on tv :lol: }

my baby tiger smaller verion of bargardi same age 4/5 she was a rescue cat as well as you can see shes a daddys girl

last 1 is smokey he was found on back road in bag when i was driveing home bag was in middel of road so stop to check it in case it was bottels of sumething was wee smokey popt out meowing at me and feel in love plus i was not going to leave baby kitten out on road to be killed :evil:
how he lookt when i found him
how he looks now
Squig

Post by Squig »

I'm so pleased to hear you found her mate... (not that you'd mentioned she'd gone) but fully understand the missing cat situ, hope she gets better man.

Well has been attested in many other threads we have a fair ol' zoo here so here are ours;

Spike...
SP_A0016.jpg
Willow (coincidence?)...
IMAG0113.JPG
Halo...
IMAG0064.JPG
and finally Zed, who unfortunately died a few weeks ago having developed a FIP, annoyingly can develope in any cat but more common in young cats and pedigrees... he was 5 months and a bengal... gutted.
IMAG0023.jpg
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
TurboDan

Post by TurboDan »

Heres my Cat, hes called Diesel 8-)

TurboSteven77

Post by TurboSteven77 »

my oldest cat went missing last night :cry
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

really sorry to hear that steven. do you have the cats microchipped? if someone took her to a vet/shelter they should be able to scan her and notify you if found
planetc

Re: Re: Cats

Post by planetc »

humbucker wrote:really sorry to hear that steven. do you have the cats microchipped? if someone took her to a vet/shelter they should be able to scan her and notify you if found
I reckon he swapped her, but this is the cover story so the Missus doesn't find out? ;-)
"No the temperature gauge doesn't work........
we've driven 150 miles today........
the heater went cold last Thursday........
they check the level when it's serviced don't they?"
carlos_canter

Post by carlos_canter »

Hope your "ch ch" turns up steven!

Colin:

Jabba, who ONLY drinks out of a crystal glass:

Jabba & Colin:

Dave who was a stray and rehomed:

Sadly Colin died due to FIV, only a year old, RIP dude!
"Redefining success since 1981"