Photographic subjects

Exchange hints and tips on how to take awesome photos, and post examples of your snap-happy achievements!
(Please note: club event reports/photos should be posted in the 'Events, Meets, Gatherings and Parties' section)

Moderator: James McGrath

Forum rules
This area of the Mk3 Cavalier Owners club is for you to exchange hints and tips on how to take awesome photos, and to discuss the equipment and techniques used that help you along the way. Post examples of your snap-happy achievements for all to see! Please note: club/Vauxhall event reports/photos should be posted in the 'Events, Meets, Gatherings and Parties' section (viewforum.php?f=19).
planetc

Photographic subjects

Post by planetc »

If you enjoy photography, what's your favourite subject to shoot?? I'm into dogs too, so it's a no brainer for me, but I particularly like to shoot running dogs especially flyball. For those more into cars than dogs (really? :D ) there's a fair bit of overlap between shooting a running dog and a moving car so the techniques are quite similar. Here's a couple I prepared earlier

IMG_8209.jpg by Paul Harrison, on Flickr

IMG_7898.jpg by Paul Harrison, on Flickr
"No the temperature gauge doesn't work........
we've driven 150 miles today........
the heater went cold last Thursday........
they check the level when it's serviced don't they?"
Super89

Re: Photographic subjects

Post by Super89 »

Just got myself a Sony HX-300 after been sick of using a phone for all my photos. Haven't put the thing down since lol

:thumb
Lowrider Dave
Club Admin

Post by Lowrider Dave »

I've been a photographer for about 30 years now and have quite a bit of kit. Although I lean towards transport and night photography, I cover all types of photography and like trying new ideas and subjects.

Just a few of my photos:

My flickr account: https://www.flickr.com/photos/davekirwin/
My official website: http://www.davekirwinphotography.co.uk
Lowrider Dave.

Archer 2.0 GLS
planetc

Post by planetc »

I've browsed your stuff several times in recent years Dave. I'd love to make a living from it but I think my current skill set needs broadening for that, so I'm just treating it as supplementary at the moment.
"No the temperature gauge doesn't work........
we've driven 150 miles today........
the heater went cold last Thursday........
they check the level when it's serviced don't they?"
Lowrider Dave
Club Admin

Post by Lowrider Dave »

I'd love to make a living from my photography but I just concentrate on creating photos I'm pleased with - the pro photographic world is intense and effort v financial reward is quite low until you've made your name. Problem is now digital cameras make photography accessible to all, it seems every bugger thinks they're David Bailey!!
As long as you enjoy taking photos, that's all that matters. Anything else is a bonus.
Lowrider Dave.

Archer 2.0 GLS