Car Polish

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's bodywork and interior (welding, body kits, seats, upholstery etc.) here
humbucker
Club Admin

Re: Car Polish

Post by humbucker »

Telegram Sam wrote:I suppose I could use the Carplan / Simoniz back to black stuff immediately followed by Berry B as a "sealer"?
That would be a waste of time. Berry Blast does the same job as the products you mention, but arguably better. I used it on all black exterior plastics and rubber, although I did manage to get some polish dust in the textured bumper trim of my Cavalier Turbo when machine polishing the bodywork (note to self: next time, mask more of the car!). BB struggled with that, but that's 'cause it's a restorer of existing plastics/colour as opposed to a 'coating' of black.
ilovedmymantas

Post by ilovedmymantas »

humbucker wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:I suppose I could use the Carplan / Simoniz back to black stuff immediately followed by Berry B as a "sealer"?
That would be a waste of time. Berry Blast does the same job as the products you mention, but arguably better. I used it on all black exterior plastics and rubber, although I did manage to get some polish dust in the textured bumper trim of my Cavalier Turbo when machine polishing the bodywork (note to self: next time, mask more of the car!). BB struggled with that, but that's 'cause it's a restorer of existing plastics/colour as opposed to a 'coating' of black.
Agreed. I bought berry blast on humbucker's recommendation in another post, and I haven't been disappointed. My door handles, which were grey and speckled (best description I can think of !) are now back to a deep, uniform black. I used it for all the black on the car including wiper arms , tyres, washers, sunroof and window surrounds. The difference was so amazing I toyed with trying it on the whole car ! ( disclaimer: no affiliation to any companies :lol: )
Previously I used back to black & similar products for everything but I found them to be quite "patchy", as was shoe polish, crayon, colour-magic black.( The things you do when you're desperate! ). The BB is a massive improvement and well worth the money.
It's not so much a gel, it's more of a baby-oil consistency, so it will last for ages as well.
You really need to try this Iain
-matt
" It's not rust. It's age-related patina " ;)

1980 vauxhall cavalier MK1 1.6L, 1982 opel manta berlinetta 1.8s, 1985 opel manta 2.0 gte, 1990 cavalier 2.0 gl ,1994 cavalier sri x20xev

-1995 cdx x20xev

---------------
Matt
Telegram Sam

Post by Telegram Sam »

Robsey wrote:To ease the mottled faded effect on black bumper trims, you can use careful passes from a hot air gun.
It magically "blows" away many of the marks caused by the effect of sunlight etc.

It will usually blend rather than exacerbate scratches or blemished.
I've got a high powered very hot hair dryer which might do the job. The neighbours will be convinced that I'm off my trolley but I'll say that Cav Mk3 Club is to blame.
'91 H-reg SRi "130" manual hatch 8-valve non cat with mods
Telegram Sam

Post by Telegram Sam »

Agreed. I bought berry blast on humbucker's recommendation in another post, and I haven't been disappointed. My door handles, which were grey and speckled (best description I can think of !) are now back to a deep, uniform black. I used it , so it will last for ages as well.
You really need to try this Iain
-matt
All told a pretty convincing case, company associations / commissions or not :)
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

ilovedmymantas wrote:Agreed. I bought berry blast on humbucker's recommendation in another post, and I haven't been disappointed.
Glad to be of service! ;)
Telegram Sam

Post by Telegram Sam »

Hot air treatment ineffective > Berry Blast on order ..