Bodykit compatability

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's bodywork and interior (welding, body kits, seats, upholstery etc.) here
eam8008

Bodykit compatability

Post by eam8008 »

What other models of vaux/car can i raid for body pieces? I have a MK3 1.8i GLS Cav Hatch :cool
I'm looking for the whole body kit - Bumpers, skirts, grill etc
are vectra "b" parts worth trying? I've seen so many nice looking parts on ebay but so far i'm not sure whether to risk my tokens.

:scratch
discuss
Drives -- 1.8i GLS MK3 Cavalier Hatchback
eam8008

Re: Bodykit compatability

Post by eam8008 »

oh and i'm wondering how easy it would be to remove the black vinyl on the rear around the reg plate area plus false lights.
not sure if we like them or whether it would look better without.
branny361

Post by branny361 »

I think the black vinyl is a plasic fasia panel so you could remove it completely leaving the bare paint exposed but the fixing hole may need filling. as for vectra kits ,im not sure its a straight fit you may need some moddin ther has been a few cavs with just the vectra gsi front bumper fitted
now running a swedish vauxhall...

the old cav vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYC4wHjqAhw

the new saab vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-K5L6UDGFk
eam8008

Post by eam8008 »

i might just try removing it to see what it looks like.
does the vauxhall symbol on the front grill come away or is that moulded in? i cant see any attachments which makes me think its all one unit however i do prefer the look of the grill without that there when i have seen other vaux's out and about.

a legal question now - light tinting ie tail and front lights - is it legal? I've seen so many cars with the rear lights blackened but now that i have bought a can to do it myself, i read the small print and it says "not street legal" which makes me wonder why they would sell it. any ideas or thoughts?
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Paint the back panel like the turbos/late sri, it looks odd without it.

Tinted headlights are illegal but painting the outer inserts black and leaving the middle silver arnt and look better than plain black lights. either that or fit angel eyes.

either that or get a set of headlight covers and tint those, if you do tint the headlights you wont see anything at night, ive been 200yards in a mk4 astra at night with tinted headlights and got out.

vectra b body parts wont fit without making them fit, if you like them your going to have to spend a few hours cutting a shutting the bumpers id be using the top section of the cavalier and the bottom of the B if thats what you want to do

Theres a guy in forsale selling the bumpers in your sig but they dont work with the cav lines but if you want those they are there.

I reckon this is a nicer bumper if you want non standard

Grill spend £20 or so and get a debadged one, the original has a cutout and needs filling. save yourself the work and buy one.

Can you scale down your sig a bit, theres no real rules on size other than not massive.
eam8008

Post by eam8008 »

sorry - whats a "sig" ?
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

that big picture you have under your posts
eam8008

Post by eam8008 »

oh i see. i dont know how to resize it but i know wolfie would like his cavalier to resemble something like that