Rear view mirror location

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's bodywork and interior (welding, body kits, seats, upholstery etc.) here
Steven715

Rear view mirror location

Post by Steven715 »

Hi can someone give me the exact location for the rear view mirror please just the measurement from the top of the windscreen to the top of the mirror and from either the pasanger side or drivers side to the mirror :ugeek:
My car came with a crappy aftermarket thing with no dipping function I have now got a second hand mirror and would like to stick it in the correct location.
I am thinking of using the 3M stuff that you use to stick dashcams up to the screen seems really good strong stuff what do you guys think?
Cheers :cheers
1995 (N) Cavalier 2.0 16V CDX
X20XVE Engine
Robsey
Club Admin

Re: Rear view mirror location

Post by Robsey »

I will have to look into the dimensions,
but regarding what to stick it in place with,
Ideally you want the correct mounting bracket.

For the bonding agent, I would visit my local windscreen fitter and either ask them to do it for me, or ask them what they use.

Here are the official part numbers.
http://ecat24.com/opel/catalog/part/1/39/117/955/9014/

Parts 1, 2, 4 and 5.
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

Here are the official instructions.

Steven715

Post by Steven715 »

Robsey wrote:Here are the official instructions.

[ Image ]

[ Image ]
This is perfect thank you Robsey I have the little shoe mounting bracket I scraped off the old glass and cleaned off the old adhesive (strong stuff) that's a good idea asking a local windscreen fitter. Cheers :thumb
X20XVE Engine
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

My pleasure.
I was a little confused by your "distance from the passenger side" comment, as I had assumed that it would be in the screen centre line.
Thankfully my assumption was correct for a change. - ha ha.

Regarding the "good idea"...
I cannot say it is really mine, I remember someone else suggesting it a few years back.

So just passing on the knowledge :mrgreen:
Steven715

Post by Steven715 »

Robsey wrote:My pleasure.
I was a little confused by your "distance from the passenger side" comment, as I had assumed that it would be in the screen centre line.
Thankfully my assumption was correct for a change. - ha ha.

Regarding the "good idea"...
I cannot say it is really mine, I remember someone else suggesting it a few years back.

So just passing on the knowledge :mrgreen:
Re:"The distance from the passenger side"
Yeah I guessed it would be in the middle but I just wanted to make absolutely sure as its a one shot deal
"I cannot say it is really mine, I remember someone else suggesting it a few years back." that's what it's all about share and share alike it hard enough keeping the rust away from these lovely cars let alone anything else :thumb
X20XVE Engine
cavalier1990

Post by cavalier1990 »

Steven715 wrote:Hi can someone give me the exact location for the rear view mirror please just the measurement from the top of the windscreen to the top of the mirror and from either the pasanger side or drivers side to the mirror :ugeek:
My car came with a crappy aftermarket thing with no dipping function I have now got a second hand mirror and would like to stick it in the correct location.
I am thinking of using the 3M stuff that you use to stick dashcams up to the screen seems really good strong stuff what do you guys think?
Cheers :cheers
He Steve

The only thing I could get to stick on the little mirror plate was araldite, the stuff with the 2 separate tubes that mixes when you force it out. I got it from VX but I think you can get it in halfords.
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

2 part epoxy resin - Araldite is also available from B&Q and other diy shops.
It will be cheaper than Halfords.