New VIN plates?

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's bodywork and interior (welding, body kits, seats, upholstery etc.) here
Tobias_CDX

New VIN plates?

Post by Tobias_CDX »

Is there a company in UK which embosses new VIN plates and equipment plates? We have a car here, where both plates are missing and if you order a new VIN plate at the dealer you'll get just on of these sticker tags.
Robsey
Club Admin

Re: New VIN plates?

Post by Robsey »

I am not 100% certain, but I think UK replacement VIN plates would be stickers too. UK dealers will do what their mainland Europe colleagues at Opel would do. (Unless Peugeot change the rules).

I am sure that metal embossed plates would not be made for the simple reason that a new set of plates could potentially be used to change the identity of a car chassis.
Tobias_CDX

Re: New VIN plates?

Post by Tobias_CDX »

Robsey wrote:I am sure that metal embossed plates would not be made for the simple reason that a new set of plates could potentially be used to change the identity of a car chassis.
Yes, this is correct, but for restoration purposes it should be an exact replica of these plates. In Germany there is a company which embossed plates but the font size and font style are not correct and they have no possibility to change this.